Near Sydney airport, Arncliffe?

Anyone live or own an IP near Sydney airport? Seems it's all apartments or units looking on realesate.com. Is it very industrial? What sort of area is it? Looks pretty close to the city and the prices seem ok (after looking at Melbourne lately!). Thoughts appreciated.

Before I get told to do so, I've done a search and read the old posts but want updated views... :p

I've got property in Wolli Creek which is right next door. I haven't been watching it closely but had a val done recently. Very solid growth (from an admittedly low purchase price) and next to no vacancy. Very low availability last time I looked and fantastic location with good public transport accessibility. Proximity means lots of various industries and professions are nearby. For the right deal, I'd buy again in Wolli Creek / Arncliffe / Rockdale in a heartbeat.

I know the area well. The areas near Princes Highway are more apartment dominated, but I would say the majority of Arncliffe is housing on 500sqm blocks. The Bardwell Park/Valley side of Arncliffe is nicer and greener and there is a golf course there, but few apartments in that area. The industrial side is towards Wolli Creek, but a lot of the area is being re-developed. There's a big Meriton block going up near Wolli Creek. Wolli Creek has a lot of Asian residents (who seem to love apartments!) whilst Arncliffe has more Middle Eastern people. I don't follow apartments, but the average house in the area has gone up $100k in the last 12 months.

Wow, thanks for that! Sounds like a pretty good area. And good for those already invested there.

Will definately investigate this further. I'll have a look at Wolli Creek too, thanks.

I should add that there aren't too many older style apartments (if that's what you're after) in the Arncliffe area. It's mostly the gentrified industrial areas towards Wolli Creek that have apartments built in the last few years. Bardwell Valley has some villa-style 1960's apartments.

Young guy here at work bought a flat (PPOR) in Arncliff last year. Top floor in a 3 storey 70s walk-up (low BC fees). Nice street, close to the station. I'm not keen on Wolli Creek, but I like the pocket he bought into.
Scott

lived in Rockdale. I liked it, lots of amenities, short commute to city. The thing I didn't like was that where I lived (rockdale plaza appartments) it's blocks away from a waste processing plant, and it stinks throughout the day!! Wouldn't lived there if I'd known that.

Back