Need help creating a logo

Hi Everyone,

Just in the process of updating my website and would like to update my logo to something more professional. Is there someone here that does this sort of work for a living / hobby? Could be wrong but are they called a graphic designer?

Thanks in advance.

Throw your brief up on fiverr, ODesk, freelancer, etc.
I don't have much experience With these sites, but if you're on a budget, you should great result for maybe $50.

Thanks Ace, just signed up to freelancer. It is like throwing a chip to a thousand seagulls! Wrote up a brief of what I wanted and bang my computer went nuts!

Be careful, most low cost offers will give you logos based on templates they have used before for others. It would probably take them 5 min to make you the logo

So you could find someone that has a very similar logo to yours with just a different name. Not likely but worth noting.

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for the advice super Andrew. Talking to a guy based in usa. Not really comfortable with transferring money over before starting.

Hi Hodge,

I recently created a logo using fiverr. The gig was $5 US for unlimited changes.

I was not happy at all with the first version. Sent back a set of instructions to change it. Very happy with the second version and going with it.

All in all took 3 days. I think good value sourcing it overseas for this kind of small graphics job.

Let us know how you go.

I've had Afreena from 99designs do some logos and other design work for me, very reasonable pricing & really liked the final presentation, https://99designs.com.au/profiles/afreena

She only took payment on completion, but I didn't get final files until paid (but progress monitored in draft copies).

In one case I already knew what I wanted, described it in text and she produced it almost perfectly first go, asked for some slight modifications and next day it was tweaked ready to go.

I had both mine made by www.thelogocompany.com ... cost around $200 but great results ... send in your brief - receive back 5 options (no problem if you don't like any) - then as many edits until you end up with something you're completely happy with.

Then supplied with about 10 different types of downloads of the file for all your applications

Attachments

• PokolbinPurplD05aR05aP01ZL-Madison5a.jpg
    PokolbinPurplD05aR05aP01ZL-Madison5a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Belford Cottage 3.png
    Belford Cottage 3.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 73
You should also negotiate that when you trademark your logo and if it gets knocked back, that they amend or redesign for free.
As there's not much point in having a logo which is already trademarked by another party, unless you want to get hit with an infringement notice.

hahahaha - doubt it, as I love what I do but have no intention of overseeing a "Branson" type empire.

$200 later and all registered

I had both mine made by www.thelogocompany.com ... cost around $200 but great results ... send in your brief - receive back 5 options (no problem if you don't like any) - then as many edits until you end up with something you're completely happy with.

Then supplied with about 10 different types of downloads of the file for all your applications

Love your logos Lizzie

Can you post up design

Not sure if this was directed at me, but attached design she came up with for competition I ran on the site. Cost me $299 for competition, but following this result contacted her directly and she assisted with more logos and graphic work at much lower prices (around 1/3 of competition).

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 107
Back