Need help with granny flat layout

Westminster - thanks :) the PM will be showing the place today and tomorrow, hope we could secure a suitable tenant for the gf soon. we're lucky with the main house and found tenants after the first week of advertising, hope we could replicate the luck today/tomorrow.

neK - the PM estimated rent is $260pw.

just when you think all was good....

a bit of setback unfortunately with the final OC, as inspector found that driveway is sloping towards GF :( so my options were either to chip down part of the driveway (cheaper) or to raise the floor level of the whole place (expensive). naturally i go with the first option, and work is underway for completion sometimes this week.

on a brighter note, we have 2 applicants from the first open house. secured a good tenant who had put down payment and is willing to wait for another week or two to move in (originally wants to move in asap as separating with partner).

fingers crossed all goes smoothly from here on.

I'm just looking at my old post and realised that I haven't provided an update on what happened in the end.

It's a happy story. We ended-up levelling the driveway and incurred an additional cost of $2,900, but it's a small cost in the whole scheme of things. Total cost for the conversion was $42,210 and it earned us an additional $260 pw ($270 pw now, 1 year plus later) of rent! Very happy with that :)

Cost breakdown:
Drafting to approval: $6000
Building: $32,840
Driveway: $2,900
Planters and plant: $470

Back