Neighbour stole our firewood! (Aka the tree pun thread)

You could confront the neighbour but he'll probably axe surprised.

The police may be too busy for this type of crime so they'll hand it on to Special Branch.

It's a wonder the thief didn't twig that Liz would find out so easily.

Really dumb or hard grained thief.

Sorry to hear this Lizzie, it's not a nice feeling.

This sort of behaviour is just not on.

There are numbskulls out there who think they have a right to other people's property, regardless of what it is.

These particular people just think "Its only firewood, so what its on someone's else property, they won't mind"

Its good that you put that letter in their letterbox. If they have any shame they will return the wood.

But my experience with this mentality is that their "pride" will prevent them from bringing the wood back.

Mind you, if you touch any of their property I bet you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Stick it up them ! (I just had to finish with...)

Hey Lizzie. Have you had any response yet?

"Wooden" it be funny if they snuck it back overnight? ....sorry.... had to join the other geese in the "who can make the worst pun" contest :)

"Wooden" it be funny if they snuck it back overnight? ....sorry.... had to join the other geese in the "who can make the worst pun" contest :)

She may have logged off... do I win the contest already? :D

Only a joke about German sausages would win the wurst pun contest.

She may have logged off... do I win the contest already? :D

No, you BLOCK head you spelt "thief" wrong.... Just review your previous posts.:p
Improve the spelling..... and you could become a chip off the old block......:D

This is woeful or woodfull... Or just bad

Last edited:
Unless you saw it yourself, there is little chance of getting to the root of the problem.

My suggestion is to be straight up with the "tea leaf" and make sure that he leaves the evidence there.

Any attempt to embark on a retrieval would simply sap your energy.

Plant the seed of doubt in their mind and watch their guilt organically grow.

Whatever you do, don't arbor any grudges towards them.

Back