Neighbour stole our firewood! (Aka the tree pun thread)

Unless you saw it yourself, there is little chance of getting to the root of the problem.

My suggestion is to be straight up with the "tea leaf" and make sure that he leaves the evidence there.

Any attempt to embark on a retrieval would simply sap your energy. Promises aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Plant the seed of doubt in their mind and watch their guilt organically grow.

Whatever you do, don't arbor any grudges towards them.

Lizzie,

the Federal DPP should lay charges (of High Treason).

With all the legal paperwork you should spare a thought (for the trees).

C'mon guys, leaf Lizzy alone - she has enough on her cutting board without all you old chestnuts sticking it to her!

pinkboy

Hey Lizzie

With over 10,000 posts you shouldn't need the missing wood. Many of those old posts are so well seasoned you could burn them without any of us knowing.

I woodn't be too quick to jump to any conclusions. They may think they're a cut above the rest. Maybe they are confused about the meaning of tree change! Maybe they are wanting to turn over a new leaf but are stumped as to how to do this. Just make sure you are not barking up the wrong tree. Anyhow if all else fails then maybe it is worth logging your complaint with the local police. However the police may put it down to another stick up!

I woodn't be too quick to jump to any conclusions. They may think they're a cut above the rest. Maybe they are confused about the meaning of tree change! Maybe they are wanting to turn over a new leaf but are stumped as to how to do this. Just make sure you are not barking up the wrong tree. Anyhow if all else fails then maybe it is worth logging your complaint with the local police. However the police may put it down to another stick up!

I see what you did there... lucky you underlined the puns or I wouldnt have noticed them :D

:eek:

I was totally gobsmacked. A few months back we paid to have a large tree dropped on our 10 acre block and cut into massive rings. We then stacked it for drying and ready for splitting for winter.

We've since put the block up for sale but intended taking the firewood with us to our new property for the combustion fireplace ... but ... was out there two days ago and noticed our pile was missing.

Someone stole it! :mad:

Drove down the road and spied all our lovely firewood partially split and stacked up against a fence 3 doors down! What the ...? They had gone thru their neighbours closed gate, onto private property and pinched it.

I understand that with the block for sale they may have thought we didn't want it - but the wood was stacked neatly and obviously not just lying around unwanted - and I am out at the block every couple of days so they could've asked. But no - pure and simple stealing - no different (in my book) than pinching someone's garden plants or furniture just because their house is for sale.

Anyhow's - left a note in their letterbox today "Please return the stolen firewood immediately and there will be no police involvement or questions asked. You have until Friday. Thank you, The Owners (address)" and took photographs of the wood stacked against the fence.

cheek of some people :eek: - be interesting to see if our firewood returns - if not I'm undecided whether to actually report it to the police or let it go. It's about $1,000 worth of wood, plus labour.

Lizzie
We have had such fun at your expense, now it is time for an update..... Did they return your wood?

This whole thread really goes against the grain.

It's getting to the point where I just can't see the wood for the trees.

Have to do a root and branch review I guess.

Might find it's just time to take a saw to the whole thing.

Back