Nepean Hwy - Mornington

Can anyone please tell me how busy the Nepean Hwy is along the Mornington Penisula.. There seem to be alot of places with bay views etc. right on the hwy. Is it a very busy road and one to stay clear of for IP purposes?

http://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/fhs/stage1-vol-2/town_centre.htm

Sorry, I couldn't resist putting that link in; I know it is somewhat irrelevant and doesn't answer your question about the Nepean Highway, but I thought a little nostalgia was the order of the day!!! :p ;)

Let me answer your question, with a question.......

How would you compare the value of properties along, say:

Beach Road?
Great Ocean Road?

Of course the traffic will be heavy; I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise. But if you're going to invest along these strips, you have to know that the people who are going to selectively choose to live in them, will do so because of the view out of their (often high rise) windows; they ain't gonna do it for the convenience of living in a quiet street!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

The bay will always attract big $$$ and anything that provides (even a glimpse) of it, will equally attract same.

It's probably slightly lighter in the section between Frankston and Dromana, as Mooroduc takes a bit of the load....but then, I have never hit it in peak.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back