New development Coburg!?

Delay to Air Apartments

Hi Neighbours,

I am guessing you have all now been contacted regarding the request for extension to register plan of sub-division by seven months.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I havent' received any communication thus far. When were you contacted? I'm not surprised they're asking for an extension.

extension

Ah, well that's interesting, I have been asked to sign a form which is an extension to register plan of sub-division which changes the registration period to 30 June 2014.

I wonder why not all buyers were asked?

When you signed your contract was the sunset clause 2013 or 2014 already?

Thanks

Heya all,

Hmm, when I said I would like AIR construction to progress, I didn't expect this...

I just got the letter last night, and it was a request to extend. My sunset clause was 2013, I believe. (Documents with lawyer).

Have alerted my conveyancing lawyer about this, and we're going to discuss. :)

I don't have my contract handy (also with lawyer) but I bought the same time Mazda did so assume the clause was 2013. I assume I'll get a letter in the next few days.

Nicholson Apts in East Coburg by VicUrban

Has any one bought an apt at the VicUrban project in East Coburg known as Nicholson? I am planning to buy a 2 bedder with one bath which are costing from $425K and the settlement is in Feb/March 2011. I think the location is ideal for an investment property and would love to hear comments from others. But the body corporate fee seems to be expensive - quoted as between $2800 and $3600.

East Coburg new development

I am in the process of also thinking of purchasing an apt at the VicUrban project in East Coburg. I agree body corporate fee does seem quite expensive. Did you end up going ahead with the purchase?

I am in the process of also thinking of purchasing an apt at the VicUrban project in East Coburg. I agree body corporate fee does seem quite expensive. Did you end up going ahead with the purchase?

I didn't proceed with it and got back my deposit. VicUrban has to allocate about 90 properties for NRAS which would be managed by Urban Communities. Again, NRAS is not housing commission, but those properties would be offered at a discounted rate. I was a bit worried about the number of apartments which would become available for rent at the completion of the project. Due to high price and high body corporate fees the rental yield may not be attractive. When I compared the house prices in Coburg, there is not a huge gap between VicUrban apt price and surrounding house prices, so it may take a while for capital growth.

Thanks for your prompt response, greatly appreciate it. Yes VicUrban did mention that so many apartments would be allocated for NRAS. Thanks have a bit of thinking to do.

Well, its been a while since my last update re: the Coburg OTP apartment I signed up for, a massive thank-you to everyone who has consistently asked me how it is going - I really appreciate your support. :)

After nearly 3 years of communication, date changes, intentions of selling on the site, the economy not doing well... the developer has acknowledged that the project is not going ahead. They used the clause to allow the developer to pull out of the project at any time, and refunded us the deposit plus a little bit of interest.

I am taking a few positive notes away from this experience:
- The developer didn't do a rushed (and poor) job to fulfil the contract.
- They decided to refund the deposit now instead of waiting until the last possible month (end 2013 for my contract - 4 years' lead time).
- It is a learning experience that money definitely cannot buy.

Will be cautiously dipping a toe into what's available now, and having a look-see for the moment. Don't worry, I'm going to look at established units now, instead of apartments :D

After nearly 3 years of communication, date changes, intentions of selling on the site, the economy not doing well... the developer has acknowledged that the project is not going ahead. They used the clause to allow the developer to pull out of the project at any time, and refunded us the deposit plus a little bit of interest.

I am really sorry to hear that the development fell through. That is so disappointing. :(

Back