New laundry

Just getting some practice on our laundry before I attempt a kitchen in our IP.

laundry1.jpg

laundry2.jpg

2bs - that looks SOOOO much better. Well done! I'm mental noting that after pic and next laundry renno I do I think I'll just repeat what you've done, can't fault it.

Looks great, twobobsworth! It's given me some ideas for a laundry reno for our PPOR. Do you mind if I ask what the dimensions of your laundry are?

Cheers
LynnH

Looks much better. :)

Did you think of enclosing the area around the benchtops and appliances with a bifold door front?

Thats worth it for small places (units etc) where the laundry is comboed with kitchen or bathroom, or if you are converting a big laundry to a bedroom and stick the laundry in a hallway cupboard somewhere, but this looks like a large dedicated laundry, which if that is the case I think the cupboard doors are a waste.

Very nice.

I need some of those cupboards that get rid of all the washing :rolleyes:

When we did our laundry (I use the term "we" loosely:p, according to my husband). "We" got cupboards made and a kitchen type bench. I didn't want the traditional sink as I'm quite tall and always end up with a sore back when handwashing (too low). We had a handsink built into the bench. We have a front loader which just went under the bench. I was really happy with it. Having the long bench is really great.

That looks REALLY good - out of interest, what are you using the vacant space under the bench for? It looks like the perfect place for a bar fridge :) Well at least that's where I put mine when we wall mounted the dryer - I did have to get a power point installed under the bench.

Also, have you considered hanging a hook under the overhead cuboard to hold a socks and undies airer?

Cheers
Buddybee

That looks REALLY good - out of interest, what are you using the vacant space under the bench for? It looks like the perfect place for a bar fridge :) Well at least that's where I put mine when we wall mounted the dryer - I did have to get a power point installed under the bench.

Also, have you considered hanging a hook under the overhead cuboard to hold a socks and undies airer?

Cheers
Buddybee

haha didn't think of a bar fridge either. Non drinker so no point for me!

On the other wall we mounted this great clothes rack that folds down when not in use.

rack.jpg

Hi all

Looks great, good idea placing the dryer over the bench, makes it easy to undoad and fold on bench etc. Mines over the washing machine looks good but not as convenient as over the bench.

I like the rack to... It looks like the shelving stuff from Bunnings..?

I wish they had pamplets with all the bits and pieces for all the modular shelving and wadrobes stuff. If the store hasn't got it in stock you do not know it exists...I all have a look in those sections when I am there for ideas.

haha didn't think of a bar fridge either. Non drinker so no point for me!

On the other wall we mounted this great clothes rack that folds down when not in use.

We are not drinkers either - but it does come in rather handy.

I like the clothes rack - where did you get it from?

Cheers
Buddybee

I haven't seen or maybe I never looked for them at IKEA.

Need to visit there in the next couple of weeks.

Don't you just love IKEA......:D They have everything....:D

Back