Newbie R-code question

Hi all

Just wondering whether someone can explain to me what does it mean if there are two R-code numbers presented in the R-code for a property. Ie: R20/40, R20/30 etc?

I assume for R20/40 it means that the land is currently zoned as R20 with the view of being rezoned to R40? If so, how does one determine when the rezoning will happen?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all

Just wondering whether someone can explain to me what does it mean if there are two R-code numbers presented in the R-code for a property. Ie: R20/40, R20/30 etc?

I assume for R20/40 it means that the land is currently zoned as R20 with the view of being rezoned to R40? If so, how does one determine when the rezoning will happen?

Thanks in advance!

You are incorrect.
It means your block Must meet certain criteria to use the higher zoning. Some examples:
If you have minimum of 20 metre frontage you can use the higher zoning.
All blocks must have street frontage (would limit only corner blocks or knock down existing and rebuild to make use of higher zoning)
If you demolish existing property, higher zoning applies

Each council will have the criteria in their planning framework.
For the concessional zoning to apply. If it meets this you can apply for a da against the higher zoning.

Corner blocks can usually have this since it will have two street frontages therefore two street front blocks.

Some comman criteria is for existing house to be demolished or upgraded to a standard visually of a new house if it can be retained.

Or all new dwellings two be two stories.

Certain width for street frontage

Etc etc.

Cheers

Back