Newbie saying Hi

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a little while, reading/digesting all this good (addictive) information and thought it time to join in and introduce myself.

I'm 32yrs old and have been buying and selling IPs in OZ and NZ since 1998, I've been completely casual in approach and I'm very much a beginner. Since 2002 I've focussed on buying +ve cash flow properties in NZ although in the last couple of years it has been harder to do.

Goal for this year is to buy a property in Melbourne. Need to get back into gear and start spending time on the phone calling agents, not organizing little sightseeing holidays.... SS is great for motivation, thanks!!

Hi Louise,

Welcome to the forums. Why are you looking particularly at Melbourne? Any idea on price range / suburbs / property type, etc yet?

Current plans are to move to Melbourne early next year. I'm not overly familiar with the city yet, but learning about the different areas etc. After a couple of years living far away from our current rental houses, I can appreciate the advantages with having a IP close to where you live.

Have been interested in reading the Frankston threads, but at this stage I'm looking for a house at around $300k with the usual requirements (ie. transport, school, shops, blah blah blah) Stock standard stuff.

Back