Newcastle house prices remaining firm

i like - saw it on the weekend and was happy to report that the two suburbs that hold all my property investments (atm) were in the top 5.

Buying in The Hunter

HI - we are looking at buying an investment property in The Hunter. Could you tell me what suburbs your 2 properties are in? Thanks

Dr Wilson said the Hunter’s industrial activity appeared to insulate Newcastle from the price declines in most other areas and caused by the tailing off of federal stimulus packages.

‘‘Newcastle seems to be immune from that,’’ he said.

great news and in fact I have talked to a number of agents recently who say there is plenty of activity in the local RE market.

There is a lot of developing going on in the outskirts, this city is just growing and it has room to grow too which is the important thing.

Investment Properties

Hi Everyone,
Things are definately looking great for investors at the moment as the demand is still very strong and we are leasing properties quite quickly at top rent to quality applicants :)
To rubyjon - we are finding the best suburbs to rent at the moment are anywhere along the coastline within close proximity to local shops and cafes such as Darby St and The Junction. We have a large database of tenants looking for a home that suits there needs to pop up.

I have not read the article that the OP was referring to, but, there are a few hot-spots in Newcastle for CG that have been doing well for quite a while.

Bar Beach - Merewether
Charlestown - Adamstown
The Hill - Cooks Hill
Carrington, Maryville, Tighes Hill, Hamilton etc.

Interestingly enough, in each of these areas you would find a different type of property that was in demand. i.e. Cooks Hill would be Terraces, Hamilton - Federation homes and so on.

Primarily, they are either near the beach, the CBD or the inner ring around the CBD, or around the developments in and around Charlestown.

Hi Sara,
what sort of tenant types are they in Newcastle. In other words, what sort of properties are hot and, what are not? Studio? House? Townhouse? I'm not that familiar with Newcastle itself but I've been looking at Central Coast for the last 6 months or so.
Thanks!

Hi Jsoe,
We are finding either houses - for families or townhouses/units/apartments - for couples, friends, singles.
The unfurnished properties seem to move alot quicker than furnished unless you get the studio/upmarket apartments that attracts alot of companies or professionals.
At the end of the day it is all about how the property is presented and marketed, this will reflect the rent price acheived and the quality of tenants found :)

We are seeing some softening in particular pockets however.

doesn't sound like things remain firm tho? An equally appropriate heading for this thread may be

"Newcastle has been pumped by various spruikers and now the market is on the slide, however some areas are holding on" ??

huh, ausprop?

no idea what you're talking about ... no spruikers here. not like the gold coast.

as posted on a different thread - in saturday's paper 60 pages of houses for sale, mostly lower middle range and 2nd or 3rd rate locations, quality or top locations are still selling very well.

so, 60 pages of houses for sale and one page of properties for rent - and that included the big photo agent ads.

i saw a property on saturday, asked to see it today, deposit had already been taken (darn) - stock standard 2 bed 1970's brick in top location.

Some of the student areas and places not too far from the Uni can do well like Lambton, Waratah and Jesmond. Wallsend might be a good place to invest in too as it's expanding out that way.

huh, ausprop?

no idea what you're talking about ... no spruikers here. not like the gold coast.

it's all they are promoting on pay TV... but one of the pumpers is from there. sorry I can't recall her name. just gives the impression of being a bit over promoted

they bagged the GC last night too.

it's all they are promoting on pay TV... but one of the pumpers is from there. sorry I can't recall her name. just gives the impression of being a bit over promoted

they bagged the GC last night too.

oh - i don't get pay tv ... and haven't come across any spruikers. maybe i just don't take any notice of them.

i do know that i've received a free invite for the opening of the new penthouse at the royal development (with deborah hutton, champange, canapes et al) for thursday night. husband has been advised that if we go, he needs to keep his wallet firmly shut and his signing hand otherwise occupied. maybe that's what they are spruiking.

i do know that sales started really strong but have dropped off. a case of market saturation methinks as there was also a lot of new development along the harbour and in charlestown at the same time as the royal started.

bring the prices down a few 100 thou's and i'll buy - in the meantime, i'll happily go for a perve and free drinkies.

Back