Reminds me of this

SHakG.jpg

Or..............................

Attachments

• SHakG.jpg
    SHakG.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 119
To me, the issue is the Dole itself.

It is intended as a safety net for those who, for one reason or another, find they can't get a job.
Unfortunatly it has turned into a lifestyle choice for many, and the bleeding hearts keep throwing money at it.

Do away with the 'family benefit' A & B, and simply cut taxes.
Do away with child care payments and cut taxes.
Continue to pay disability support (and in many cases increase this).
Begin to cut away the aged pension (that will fire up a few lefties Im sure).

Australia desperately needs to begin to cut away the life line which is supporting far to many. At the same time it needs to help those who are pulling their weight, by cutting taxes.
We have a "heavy" tax office (over staffed) due to the complexity of our system, and a heavy benefits programme.

Blacky

I would put a time limit on the dole, if you have never worked then you must do two days a week community work or training courses.

If you have worked then you get 3 months to find a job then start doing courses or community work.

I feel that all unemployed people should be "volunteered" into the SES and RFS, if they don't do the right thing then dole is restricted. The training will help them stay in touch with the work, responsibility attitude.

It is vital that we engage the long term unemployed so that we know where they are, so many of these people are working cash in hand it is a disgrace. If unemployed for a year then they need to go to a nominated place all day, 5 days a week so they lose the cash jobs.

I agree that ensuing children should be paid at a lesser rate, the cost of living does not increase that much with an extra child, add a couple more and it is way too much.

If the unemployed are having trouble making ends meet then a budget meeting needs to be organised, if necessary they need to be shown how to manage their money better to provide for the kids and the dole restricted by deducting rent and utilities then provide a card for food and perhaps 15% can be spent as wished.

We really do have to stop the hand out mentality, it is now unsustainable and as the population ages will become worse. I read that 800,000 people of working age are on the DSP, that is just ridiculous.

They have to repeal the changes made by Labor and make it like it was before so that the people who are actually disabled get more support and the freeloaders get the dole and community work.

How about compulsory sterilisation when delivering your third or fourth baby?

That idea wasn't popular thirty years ago, either.

Incidentally I asked for sterilisation at the same time I was in hospital having my second baby. They said No, I didn't have enough children yet and no, I wasn't old enough. You had to be 30 with three or more children.

Agreed!

Ah, but there's the rub. You give a heap of welfare to the parents because you don't want the kid living in poverty, and the parent spends it on drugs, drink, cigarettes, or other stuff for themselves. The kids are still suffering, because the parents are not only morons, but selfish as well. Especially in the case of the ones with heaps of kids to various fathers, all to bring in an income.

I really don't know what the answer is.

I worked at Centrelink for 13 years, in locations such as Auburn, Blacktown and Penrith, and there is never a simple solution to any welfare issue. The most effective (note I didnt say simple or fair or agreeable or politically possible - I said effective) solution in this case is to limit any form of parenting payment to a finite number of children. Limit Family Tax Benefit in exactly the same way. Using 3 children as the example, the Government would be saying - we will support you in raising 3 children - that's it. It would impact all parents in exactly the same way. i.e if you choose to have more than 3 dependent children - no additional help from the taxpayer, whether that help is parenting payment, or FTB

There is also a lot of merit in the idea of auto payment of rent. Would serve a double purpose - it would ensure rent is always paid, and it would stop the cash economy, allowing the ATO to collect additional revenues from the rent "black" economy. There really are several very simple ways to make things better and more efficient for everyone, and Centrelink certainly has the technology to deliver things this way.

The country needs babies. If the career-driven DINKs are too busy to have them, then let the unemployed folks have them. And stop hassling them. There's not enough jobs to go around anyway. No country has 100% employment.

If some folks want to get paid for having babies then incentivise them to do a good job. Give them bonuses if they bring their kid to 'after school veggies and dips' or 'library story time' or 'free gymnastics at the pcyc' or 'guest speaker at the local council' or some other sort of community events. If you're a welfare family and your kid gets straight As or a distinction in one of those national maths and science comps, then you get a bonus. You take your kids to the museum, get a bonus. Whatever. There must be a million ways to improve the life welfare kids other than harassing the parents to get jobs and stick the kids in daycare.

"I am indebted to the British welfare state; the very one that Mr. Cameron would like to replace with charity handouts. When my life hit rock bottom, that safety net, threadbare though it had become under John Major?s Government, was there to break the fall. I cannot help feeling, therefore, that it would have been contemptible to scarper for the West Indies at the first sniff of a seven-figure royalty cheque. This, if you like, is my notion of patriotism." -- J.K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter books) on why she chooses to live in England and pay higher taxes instead of moving to a tax haven like the West Indies.

I'll wager that Ms Rowling is richer than any single member of this forum (her net worth is USD 1 billion and her brand is worth USD 15 billion).

So those who have your noses well and truly up the butt holes of those richer than yourselves, listen up!

It is intended as a safety net for those who, for one reason or another, find they can't get a job.
Unfortunatly it has turned into a lifestyle choice for many, and the bleeding hearts keep throwing money at it.

Australia desperately needs to begin to cut away the life line which is supporting far to many. At the same time it needs to help those who are pulling their weight, by cutting taxes.
We have a "heavy" tax office (over staffed) due to the complexity of our system, and a heavy benefits programme.

Blacky

Blacky

Well I'm a green tree-hugging leftie and agree with this 100%.
Pity that being left has come to be associated with welfare. That's not it: Labor is for workers. And if there were some true liberals in the Liberal party, voting would be much more exciting. I'd love to be persuaded by the Liberal party but the politicians are only decent once they hang up their hats (Fraser, Hewson).
Most people would like to work. They either live where there aren't enough jobs (rural) or they just can't work because they don't know how - there's been no role models. Don't get me wrong - getting these people motivated is my job right now.
There are a lot of good ideas - some are already happening i.e. the long-term unemployed have to do some kind of work or study or volunteering or their payments are cut. This has been going on for a while, it's not new.

Keep in mind though, a lot of people would just be a nightmare at work! :eek:

It will change - already has. Problem is the older people still telling young people what it was like in their day when in reality, expectations have done a 360.

I really don't think people should be paid for having kids. A little support, yes, but this is the issue, isn't it.

Last edited:
Begin to cut away the aged pension

Everybody wants lower taxes, but does not want reduction of services from the Government. (e.g. everybody expects the ambo to come to your house pronto when you're having a heart attack, everybody expects the fire service to rock up in record time to your house or IP when it is alight)

Everybody doesn't want anybody else to receive transference but wants transference for themselves

If you don't want elderly people to receive the aged pension, families to receive some form of benefits, child care payments, then stop putting your hand out for Capital Gains Tax Concessions, Negative Gearing, cut up your Medicare card for yourself, wife, children and elderly parents and request to pay full fare for their medical treatment and drugs. The full, unsubsidized cost. You're pulling your weight, aren't you? Well, you can afford it then. No transference whatsoever.

The country needs babies. If the career-driven DINKs are too busy to have them, then let the unemployed folks have them. And stop hassling them.
It needs more workers therefore taxpayers
There's not enough jobs to go around anyway. No country has 100% employment.
So they breed welfare dependant babies>children>adults.
How does this help? :rolleyes:

Everybody wants lower taxes, but does not want reduction of services from the Government. (e.g. everybody expects the ambo to come to your house pronto when you're having a heart attack, everybody expects the fire service to rock up in record time to your house or IP when it is alight)

Everybody doesn't want anybody else to receive transference but wants transference for themselves

If you don't want elderly people to receive the aged pension, families to receive some form of benefits, child care payments, then stop putting your hand out for Capital Gains Tax Concessions, Negative Gearing, cut up your Medicare card for yourself, wife, children and elderly parents and request to pay full fare for their medical treatment and drugs. The full, unsubsidized cost. You're pulling your weight, aren't you? Well, you can afford it then. No transference whatsoever.

Don't you see how less given out would require less to be collected?

Yep agree 100% - although making people take contraceptives is a bit silly (hormones mess with some people). Doctors should be forced to report people who become pregnant/give birth (and their partners) to Centrelink, which deems them (and whoever they live with) void of payments for X amount of years. That would be enough of a deterrent I think. Or something like that.

People should be given a time limit to find a job and then be forced to volunteer if they can't get one. I bet there are people working odd cash jobs getting dole payments and no doubt that volunteering would interrupt those hours. There really are no excuses, anyone can work at McDonalds or Woolworths too. So many people faking long term injuries though....unsure how to police that.

Don't you see how less given out would require less to be collected?

Don't you see how more tax avoidance practiced by the ultra-rich would require more tax/less transference to be collected off the backs of the working poor and less able?

As an example, D.T, Apple, Microsoft and Google are waaaay ahead in that game compared to those of us still bleating for 'tax cuts'. Apple Sales accounts show it has paid less than 50 cts in tax on every $1000 of income in the last five years. Just turn yourself into an unembodied corporation and reap the rewards. The government breaks its promise to stop tax avoidance/tax multinationals and instead conditions/encourages us to demonise the poor, elderly, unemployed, sick, disabled, families, single mothers (Name your favourite out-group)

We're hacking into schools, hospitals, foreign aid, education, medical (GP tax), pensions and any out-group you can think of, whilst letting multinationals get away scot-free.

Hockey backflips on tax laws to target multinational profit-shifters
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...national-profit-shifters-20141216-128ebg.html

then stop putting your hand out for Capital Gains Tax Concessions, Negative Gearing, .

More than happy to do this BUT it needs to be across the board. Don't just target the Property Investors. Remove it by all means, but remove it from ALL investments. An even playing field! That's fair!

Don't you see how more tax avoidance practiced by the ultra-rich would require more tax/less transference to be collected off the backs of the working poor and less able?

As an example, D.T, Apple, Microsoft and Google are waaaay ahead in that game compared to those of us still bleating for 'tax cuts'. Apple Sales accounts show it has paid less than 50 cts in tax on every $1000 of income in the last five years. Just turn yourself into an unembodied corporation and reap the rewards. The government breaks its promise to stop tax avoidance/tax multinationals and instead conditions/encourages us to demonise the poor, elderly, unemployed, sick, disabled, families, single mothers (Name your favourite out-group)

Hi Beanie,

One thing you can be certain of is that Every developed country is trying to find a way to close the Apple, Google etc tax rort down. The recent G20 finance meeting was virtually all about this, everything else was window dressing.

They do the same thing in all countries that try to tax them, at the moment it is legal and they pay the smartest tax brains in the world to keep them ahead of the tax offices around the world.

Every govt is aware of it and Australia and others are trying to create a cooperative plan to stop it as it has become clear it is a global problem.

It is not a Labor/Liberal thing it is a global problem, let's face it every Government needs to collect as much tax as they can and you can be sure they are trying their best.

No voter is going to complain if Apple, Google or any multinational is whacked for back taxes

Macca: It is not a Labor/Liberal thing it is a global problem, let's face it every Government needs to collect as much tax as they can and you can be sure they are trying their best.

Another thing we all surely agree on is that the minerals in our land belong to all of us. Should've been a tax on this too. Hope there's something in place next time the mining boom comes around - even if it's 20 years away.

Another thing we all surely agree on is that the minerals in our land belong to all of us. Should've been a tax on this too.

Not likely. Even if you think the minerals belong to "all of us", they're worthless unless somebody ie the mining companies, dig them up. As far as tax goes, mining companies pay more tax than other industries, I really don't see why such vehemence against them and not, say, banks?

mining-tax-oakeshott-2.jpg

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2013/02/20/how-much-tax-do-miners-pay/

Back