North Connex

Following the announcement of the North Connex road project, do you think there is potential for properties in that area to increase in value as a result of the project?

Absolutely. Pennant Hills Road will hopefully become faster flowing and so too, Beecroft Road. The back streets up near Thornleigh, Pennant Hills and Normanhurst should also become quieter thanks to the elimination of the rat runners...

Last edited:
Some properties currently negatively affected by the traffic on Pennant Hills Road will be less so affected once this is constructed.

Properties in the fringes of Sydney will be "closer" travel-time-wise to locations servived by this missing link road. I'm thinking Hornsby Hts, Mt Colah etc.

The Central Coast and further up - Lake Macquarie and Newcastle will be quicker to get to once the traffic lights on Pennant Hills Road are eliminated.

The winners will also be in the areas to the west of PHR - all the way out to Dural, West PH, Westleigh etc.

Are they still planning the extension of the M1 down to join the M2 at Macquarie Park or has that been canned (or forgotten about)?

North Connex website is up now:

http://www.northconnex.com.au/

I cannot wait until the North Connex is finished to free up Pennant Hills Road. Just too many trucks going on this road for too long.

I would say it is great for Thornleigh, Pennant Hills, Normanhurst, Cherrybrook, West Pennant Hills, Castle Hill, Dural and beyond.

Are they still planning the extension of the M1 down to join the M2 at Macquarie Park or has that been canned (or forgotten about)?

That was one of the options for the old M2-F3 corridor that is now the NorthConnex, its gone forever with the building of the chosen alignment under Pennant Hills road and the selling off of the reservation at North Ryde for high rise.

Back