North Lakes?

Does anyone have any information on North Lakes, QLD? Ive heard this place will boom as its 20kms from Brisbane, close to Moreton Bay, a major shopping centre built, railway on the way, schools etc?

Does anyone have any information on North Lakes, QLD? Ive heard this place will boom ....

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeease :rolleyes:. Heard from whom? Got a hot tip from the taxi driver on the way in from the airport? Or was it a real estate agent who has some property to sell you there?

According to RPData it went up 2.9% in 2010 after falling 2.2% in 2009. Stand back for the boom!

You have to do more due dilligence than this. Go do some research and come back with your thoughts Pros Vs Cons and we'd be happy to share our opinions.

I think it was, plus nowhere for the teenagers to hang out hence they sometimes cause trouble. The estate was started in 2000/2001.

North Lakes has a few things going for it:

It is in the centre of Moreton Region, hence if you work anywhere in that area - Pine Rivers, Redcliffe or Caboolture, it makes for an easy commute by car to work. Especially when your tennant is driving in the opposite direction to the city. Commercial and industrial areas close by for employment opportunities. My tennant walks to work and walks the kids to school but the house is close to the commercial buildings. Homes further away down the back have traffic problems.

Prices have dropped so realistic buy-in compared to other locations with similar housing
Cinema planned
Closish to beaches
Highly regarded schools
Traffic being redirected

Train line? well let's believe that when we see it. I wouldnt live there and commute to Brisbane, but then I'm too spoilt where i live now.

Please dont laugh at me for getting sucked in by an agent who had a house to sell. We are getting 6% yield.

I agree that it could be a future slum due to the population density. By the time the development is finished you will have the equivalent population of Redcliffe squashed into a much smaller area. The area also has a large population of immigrants from UK and South Africa.

It is great for planners as a model for the future however, it will be interesting one to watch from a social perspective.

Let me get this straight. Last month i mentioned that Redbank and Logan Central attract slumy type residents and you laughed at me, and now North Lakes is slumy and I think it's nice?

So what makes a non-slum?

I agree that it could be a future slum due to the population density. By the time the development is finished you will have the equivalent population of Redcliffe squashed into a much smaller area. The area also has a large population of immigrants from UK and South Africa.

It is great for planners as a model for the future however, it will be interesting one to watch from a social perspective.

Yeah, I have heard, and refer to it as Little England.

There was an English Lady living in North Lakes having a web site set up for the English to come over. I can remember seeing it on the tube. She has become quite successful.

F

Let me get this straight. Last month i mentioned that Redbank and Logan Central attract slumy type residents and you laughed at me, and now North Lakes is slumy and I think it's nice?

So what makes a non-slum?

Could be personal opinion!

So with the train line started, bus transit under construction I have just been told that westfield are extending. I know this as I work in a business within it and we were approached by center management to take a different site in the new extension. It will be built within 18 months. Also I've noticed car yards buying lots and moving to north lakes. Also new high rises are on the way- centerpoint and Eden on north lakes. So what say you now? I think a boom may come with all these new retailers on the way- from
The words of Westfield management Ike is confirmed and will be in the extension.

Its all cheaply built at the same era and will age poorly. All of those suburbs that have been built simultaneously will look very tired in 20 years time.

You can buy better cheaper and closer in.

And for the record North Lakes is 32 km from the CBD which is equivalent to Edens Landing on the south side. I dont know where these developers get their measuring stick from but it sure is faulty.

Don't expect a train line while Campbell Newman is in power. He is not in a money spending mood. So you can wait 10 years or more for that one.

boom town, the train line has already been started. I live near a new station which will open 2016. See morteon bay council website and the plans are all on there.

Hi Boomtown

I also thought Campbell would have railroaded the railway. There was something in last week's local rag stating that some company (I forget their name) who are also rebuilding the bridge over the river at Petrie, have been awarded the contract to commence building the road/rail bridges along the line.

However I agree, I will believe it when I see it and not before.

but surely seeing big retail developments will push up prices.
were in an established part of NL our home is 12yrs now, the suburb looks fine. I can see NL being similar to parramatta in Sydney, a Half way point between sc and brisbane. Big plans are ahead so I'm looking forward to some growth.

Certainly true there Rookie, about futuere growth. I dont like the idea of highrises, though. Did you see what they did to vacancies on the Redcliffe peninsula in the last few years?

High rises mean govt building and corporations head quarters. If big companies set up shop here, people will want to live where they work. It's all good times ahead. A hub between sc and brissie, with less ppl commuting to bris CBD so will help ease congestion. The council predicts 60000 ppl to move to NL within 18months, happy days. If I head back to syd Ill keep this as an investment as in 10 yrs the place will be unrecognizable

The council predicts 60000 ppl to move to NL within 18months, e

You've either added and extra zero, or substituted months for years in error. Or the council forecasting is about is accurate as an independent valuation for "the block" properties.

Back