North Rocks road at North Rocks: is it good or bad PPOR ?

Hi guys,

I have been around the forum for quite sometimes now and created few threads. Finally, I found one decent house at North Rocks Road in North Rocks area. Has anyone been living on this road or known someone that lives on the road before ? I would like to know if the area is good and whether it would be a busy road in the morning and afternoon peak hour. I would appreciate your recommendation.

Cheers

Frankie

Why don't you go there during the morning and afternoon peak hour and see how it is?

Because at the moment I live and works at inner west Monday to Friday so I won't be able to go there during normal weekdays (peak hour time) time due to work commitment. That is why I would like to know if any other people have their experiences around the area. I also want to know if someone has/had been living on the road and would like to hear from them if it is possible.

I could go on weekend but it would have different traffic conditions. I hope I am not asking too much and I apologise if I may cause any inconvenience.

North Rocks Road

Hi There ,

I can share some info it may or may not assist you !

North Rocks Rd is busy in peak times , however the volume of traffic will not be as intense as Windsor rd for example. I guess depending on the type of property you have purchased for example if its a villa or town house and tuck back in the complex the rd won't really make a difference . The are has easy access to Parramatta , James Ruse Drive , M4 etc . on the Eastern side of North Rocks road you have a great Bushland Area know as Lake Parramatta Reserve and you can access some of the bush track entry points off North Rocks Rd.

Obviously you would know that their is a reasonable shopping centre at one end of North Rocks Road , at the other end near Northmead/Parramatta you have a larg Bunnings and a short drive to Westfeilds Parramatta, Parramatta Park,Westmead and Parramatta Stadium.

I grew up in Winston Hills and unforntunaly rds like North Rocks Rd , Charoline Chislolm Drive , Model Farms Rd, Windsor Rd have all become short cuts rds and increased in Volume . Good Luck

North Rocks

Hi Frankie

What happened to your plans to look closer to the city? U are swinging back and forth i thought you have given up on Carlingford and North Rocks area...

Can i hazard a guess?:p

You are Asian and therefore very school centric...you are either looking at Carlingford West Public School or Murray Farm Public School (in North Rocks); or North Rocks Public School with its OC class right?:p

Okay, now the lowdown...IMHO

North Rocks is known as Carlingford's poor cousin...it is a quiet suburb but the Chinese and Indians are moving in because of the abovementioned schools...

Transport wise, North Rocks Road is okay but you would have a bottleneck at the junction of North ROcks ROad and Pennant Hills Road in the morning if you need to drive to take a train at Epping; ...Oakes Road is also a MAJOR problem in the morning...however there is a little back road in North Rocks past the Catholic church that people used as a rat run to either Pennant Hills ROad (but you would still get stuck on Bettington Road ) or to Parramatta direction...

IMHO it is a so-so suburb; BUT i will never buy anything on a main road; cheap to get in and also cheap to get out....

Oh...be careful of those huge power lines slung all over the streets near Murray Farm Public School:D AND did i mention the huge cemetery fronting North Rocks Road:D in some parts?

Hi There ,

I can share some info it may or may not assist you !

North Rocks Rd is busy in peak times , however the volume of traffic will not be as intense as Windsor rd for example. I guess depending on the type of property you have purchased for example if its a villa or town house and tuck back in the complex the rd won't really make a difference . The are has easy access to Parramatta , James Ruse Drive , M4 etc . on the Eastern side of North Rocks road you have a great Bushland Area know as Lake Parramatta Reserve and you can access some of the bush track entry points off North Rocks Rd.

Obviously you would know that their is a reasonable shopping centre at one end of North Rocks Road , at the other end near Northmead/Parramatta you have a larg Bunnings and a short drive to Westfeilds Parramatta, Parramatta Park,Westmead and Parramatta Stadium.

I grew up in Winston Hills and unforntunaly rds like North Rocks Rd , Charoline Chislolm Drive , Model Farms Rd, Windsor Rd have all become short cuts rds and increased in Volume . Good Luck

Hi SouthCoast67,

I want to buy a house actually. So, I think North Rocks Road can be considered as a busy road and I would be better to avoid this road.

Yes, I am aware that they have North Rocks Westfield at one end of North Rocks Road and Parramatta CBD at the other end. That is why I am thinking the location of this suburb is quite good.

Thank you for your comments. Really appreciate it.

Hi Frankie

What happened to your plans to look closer to the city? U are swinging back and forth i thought you have given up on Carlingford and North Rocks area...

Can i hazard a guess?:p

You are Asian and therefore very school centric...you are either looking at Carlingford West Public School or Murray Farm Public School (in North Rocks); or North Rocks Public School with its OC class right?:p

Hi virgo,

Yes, I have been looking around from one suburb to another before with my partner and after went through several inspection in inner west area (Concord, North Strathfield, Rhodes, and Abbotsford), we found that with our current budget (700k - 750k), we won't be able to afford house. Townhouse is not bad in inner west but I found that the townhouse that comes within my budget is not really nice. Perhaps it is because I have not been looking for long enough, but we feel that we may be better off buying house. Then our search goes back to North Rocks area where you could get a decent house with decent land size (650 - 750 m2) for around 650 - 700k.

Yes, you re spot on. I am Asian but I do not really worry about school atm and more worry about the transport to come to city. At least they have buses that goes to Parramatta and Epping. I may need to consider Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills as well perhaps.

North Rocks is known as Carlingford's poor cousin...it is a quiet suburb but the Chinese and Indians are moving in because of the abovementioned schools...

Transport wise, North Rocks Road is okay but you would have a bottleneck at the junction of North ROcks ROad and Pennant Hills Road in the morning if you need to drive to take a train at Epping; ...Oakes Road is also a MAJOR problem in the morning...however there is a little back road in North Rocks past the Catholic church that people used as a rat run to either Pennant Hills ROad (but you would still get stuck on Bettington Road ) or to Parramatta direction...

I will have my way around since I work in inner west but my partner is going to take public transport to either Parramatta or Epping station, so she may struggle a little bit if we move to North Rocks.

IMHO it is a so-so suburb; BUT i will never buy anything on a main road; cheap to get in and also cheap to get out....

Oh...be careful of those huge power lines slung all over the streets near Murray Farm Public School:D AND did i mention the huge cemetery fronting North Rocks Road:D in some parts?

When you're saying it is a so-so suburb, do you mean the CG is growing very slow in North Rocks ?

I agree with you I will avoid buying in main road. I will try to search a little bit more in the area. Yes, I want to avoid all those power lines too.

Thank you, virgo. Really appreciate your comment.

Cheers

North rock roads is not as busy as another main roads in the area ( ie penno, carlingford etc..) so it's not to bad...but it is still a "main road".

Carlingford his undergoing some massive change and development; litterally 3/4 of all the houses on carlingford road ( main road- 2 min walk from Carlingford shopping center) has been bought out by multiple developers; one of my friends place was sold as a package with 3 of her connecting neighbours .

So yes a lot will be happening in Carlo in the next 4-19 month....even though north rock is not that close it may ride the same wave, might take a while as it doesn't have a train station ( yes carlo station is laughable)

I hate any roads which has traffic at night time. I think NR road doesn't have much of that. That was the case ten years ago :)
There are many joining lanes... why don't you look at them. I thought they were nice.

North rock roads is not as busy as another main roads in the area ( ie penno, carlingford etc..) so it's not to bad...but it is still a "main road".

Carlingford his undergoing some massive change and development; litterally 3/4 of all the houses on carlingford road ( main road- 2 min walk from Carlingford shopping center) has been bought out by multiple developers; one of my friends place was sold as a package with 3 of her connecting neighbours .

So yes a lot will be happening in Carlo in the next 4-19 month....even though north rock is not that close it may ride the same wave, might take a while as it doesn't have a train station ( yes carlo station is laughable)

Hi Mick,

Yes i think i need to avoid this road because it's still the main road.

I also hope north rock will have the ripple effect from Carlo too, although the public transport in north rock is kinda poor.

We have decided that we would like to buy a house and not a townhouse which is close to shopping centre and have bus transport that goes to big train station such as parramatta or epping. I think north rock is fit to what we are looking for and our budget too.

Cheers

I hate any roads which has traffic at night time. I think NR road doesn't have much of that. That was the case ten years ago :)
There are many joining lanes... why don't you look at them. I thought they were nice.

Yes i hate to hear traffic noise at night time too since i used to live in Maroubra junction before and had to listen to police and ambo sirens every Friday and Saturday night and early morning. It really annoyed me. I will find another street in north rocks then.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Has anyone been living on this road or known someone that lives on the road before? I would like to know if the area is good and whether it would be a busy road in the morning and afternoon peak hour. I would appreciate your recommendation.

Cheers

Frankie

The section between Christ the King Church/school and the cemetery (corner of North Rocks and Parma Road) is not very busy during peak hours.

Hi There,
North Rocks Rd is busy in peak times , however the volume of traffic will not be as intense as Windsor rd for example.
I second this.

Hi Frankie

North Rocks also have schools catering for the other end of the spectrum.
North Rocks Public has OC class, but also has classes for Autism support.
There is also a Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children on North Rocks Road (opposite Westfield).

Last time I looked at the myschool website, North Rocks Public has under 50% students with language background other than English (vs Carlingford West of almost 90%).

Two houses (pretty much a mcmansion type) on North Rocks Road sold for over $1M in the past.
A house on North Rocks Road close to Westfield was sold for around 600K late last year.
A house on Becky Avenue was sold over the asking price range and a house on New North Rocks Road was sold in 10 days recently.

Then our search goes back to North Rocks area where you could get a decent house with decent land size (650 - 750 m2) for around 650 - 700k.
I agree with this.

Good luck for your search, Frankie.

The section between Christ the King Church/school and the cemetery (corner of North Rocks and Parma Road) is not very busy during peak hours.

Thank you for your comment, aries. If you mean corner of North Rocks Road and Parma Place, I think it's already in Carlingford area from what I look from the map but I will drive around this place on Tuesday afternoon (5-6pm) to get a feel of the traffic in the suburb.

North Rocks also have schools catering for the other end of the spectrum.
North Rocks Public has OC class, but also has classes for Autism support.
There is also a Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children on North Rocks Road (opposite Westfield).

Last time I looked at the myschool website, North Rocks Public has under 50% students with language background other than English (vs Carlingford West of almost 90%).

I am not really thinking about school at the moment but thank you for your info. I think North Rocks really have good public school and it's really close to Hills area too so make it easier if my future kids could enter one of the prestigious schools.

Two houses (pretty much a mcmansion type) on North Rocks Road sold for over $1M in the past.
A house on North Rocks Road close to Westfield was sold for around 600K late last year.
A house on Becky Avenue was sold over the asking price range and a house on New North Rocks Road was sold in 10 days recently.

Yes, I think the selling has been increasing lately. I have to try to talk to several real estate agents to know better about the area and the price expectation too plus looking at RP Data and other sources as well. I have contacted one agent to have house inspection on next Tuesday and more house hunting on next weekend. Thank you for your help, aries.

North Rocks?

Hi Frankie

You seem quite set on North Rocks...but have you thought of Hornsby?

something like this?
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-hornsby-108145021

3 points:

a) check out train time table to the city

b) sit down and have a cup of coffee in Westfield North Rocks and then go and have another cup of coffee at Westfield Hornsby...and then tell yourself what is the difference.....:p

c) and because you said schools are not important to you atm, i shan't tell you which one is "prestigious" in Hornsby...:p i can assure you there are quite a few...

Hornsby

Hi Frankie

You seem quite set on North Rocks...but have you thought of Hornsby?

something like this?
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-hornsby-108145021

3 points:

a) check out train time table to the city

b) sit down and have a cup of coffee in Westfield North Rocks and then go and have another cup of coffee at Westfield Hornsby...and then tell yourself what is the difference.....:p

c) and because you said schools are not important to you atm, i shan't tell you which one is "prestigious" in Hornsby...:p i can assure you there are quite a few...

Hi virgo,

Yes, I also thought a lot about Hornsby but when me and my gf drove around the area, she said she didn't quite like the area. She said there were too many bushes and trees around and she doesn't feel comfortable living around the area. I guess the same thing could be said with few areas at North Rocks too but I think we still could find the area without too many trees at North Rocks. She always lives close to city before so I can understand about her concern.

With the train, it should be okay I guess since there are buses from North Rocks Road that goes to Epping station.

The house looks good, virgo. However, we do not want swimming pool in the house since it would just add more maintenance for us to do. Thank you for your help, mate. really appreciate it, but I think I will stick to North Rocks for a while. But definitely, I will try to compare North Rocks Westfield and Hornsby Westfield. Who knows it may change our opinion. :)

Cheers

But definitely, I will try to compare North Rocks Westfield and Hornsby Westfield. Who knows it may change our opinion. :)
Cheers

I visit both North Rocks and Hornsby Westfields quite regularly.
No comparison in size, North Rocks Westfield is a lot smaller than Hornsby Westfield.

For groceries and general shopping, I go to North Rocks (easy to find parking spot, free parking, and don't need to walk far to get everything I need).

For cafes, eatery and fashion related shopping (clothes, shoes, etc), Westfield Hornsby definitely offers more choices.

I hope the response below was sarcastic :p
I visit both North Rocks and Hornsby Westfields quite regularly.
No comparison in size, North Rocks Westfield is a lot smaller than Hornsby Westfield.

For groceries and general shopping, I go to North Rocks (easy to find parking spot, free parking, and don't need to walk far to get everything I need).

For cafes, eatery and fashion related shopping (clothes, shoes, etc), Westfield Hornsby definitely offers more choices.

Back