northbridge - nsw

hi guys...

what are your thoughts on northbridge as an investment property? i know majority of the demographics are in the 50s with a family and kids... Not sure about the potential growth in commercial development and all... i tried looking for more info on future commercial developments but couldnt find anything... maybe im not looking in the right area?

what are your thoughts?

hi guys...

what are your thoughts on northbridge as an investment property? i know majority of the demographics are in the 50s with a family and kids... Not sure about the potential growth in commercial development and all... i tried looking for more info on future commercial developments but couldnt find anything... maybe im not looking in the right area?

what are your thoughts?

Used to live next door in castlecrag.

Pretty steady eddy burbs

ta
rolf

looking to invest in a landed property and have 300k deposit... and was considering northbridge either a townhouse or semi-d... only thing im concern are the future commercial plan... not sure if there will be any development down the track...

reason for going with landed is im looking at the capital growth than yield....

what are your thoughts?

Future commercial plan? Not much happening around here AFAIK.

The Willoughby Paddocks development has begun building stage 1 and stage 2 is on sale OTP. There is also a stage 3 after that.

The only other development in the area in the past decade was the old army (?) base up near Willoughby Park.

looking to invest in a landed property and have 300k deposit... and was considering northbridge either a townhouse or semi-d... only thing im concern are the future commercial plan... not sure if there will be any development down the track...

reason for going with landed is im looking at the capital growth than yield....

what are your thoughts?

If your after capital gains I'm not sure a townhouse in an expensive area is the way to go. Is the townhouse new? If so I would stay away. My theory in better suburbs if looking for a capital gain is worst house on the biggest block in a good location. If you buy a townhouse thats new you are paying for the perfect property (its at the top of its price range) after 5 years your perfect property is not so perfect and your building has decreased in value. Your land has appreciated but the problem is you don't have very much of it.... They sort of cancel eachother out.

thanks for the replies fellas... what are your thoughts on the demographic being mostly owners instead of tenants? 50s instead of 30s? families instead of single/couple?

how good will the capital growth be if there are no future commercial planning at work? it seems like nothing is happening around the area and its quiet...

Agree with this, its a very upmarket area, mostly older-ish families with lots of money. Definitely owners over renters on average.

Would love to live there! (Great little Japanese shop called "Tokyo Mart" at Northbridge Plaza as well).

hi guys...

what are your thoughts?

So are you looking for commercial property then?
If not, and resi is your cup of tea just be aware you're looking at a very pricey suburb- we just picked up one for a client at auction around the $1.6m mark, which is really entry level.

If your budget doesn't stretch this far then consider the surrounding suburbs a little closer to train transport and the cafe society ie: Crows Nest, Willoughby, Neutral Bay etc. Best of luck with your search.

Thanks for the info Jacque. Looking into either a townhouse, semi d or apartment. I'm just worried about the commercial side of things and the demographic having a negative impact.

Thanks for the info Jacque. Looking into either a townhouse, semi d or apartment. I'm just worried about the commercial side of things and the demographic having a negative impact.

Kingy your not thinking straight. What are you on about when you talk about the commercial side? It's a quiet suburb on the harbour.....
If your worried about old people, no commercial developments why don't you look somewhere else? Sounds like you've got more money than brains fella but I'll let you work that out. Why do you want a townhouse or unit? Because its in your price range?? If so then rethink you strategy. If not then tell us why

thanks strongy... i know its a quiet suburb... but was hoping for future development? i would like to make it clear that im absolute clueless and dumb in property investment thus me asking for help on a forum... im trying to learn and understand this industry and how things works... which was my reason for posting the below questions.

what are everyones thoughts on the demographic being mostly owners instead of tenants? 50s instead of 30s? families instead of single/couple? pros and cons?

how good will the capital growth be if there are no future commercial planning at work?

reason why i like northbridge is because its close to the city and ill like something in the north... i was looking at waverton and wollstonecraft as well... the quiet side of lower north...

kingy i would read strongy1986 first post, there is much merit in it. There is so much more u can do with the money u have in other suburbs that will get u capital growth... Something where u can do work on the property and add value.

Kingy Ill level with you, I don't know Sydney that well. I've stayed in castlecrag before and I know northbridge. I reckon the area is tops!
Doesn't mean it's good to invest in.
The average price is far too high already. The population is ageing. What happens when they die? Over supply of houses and the price
Go's down. Average age there is 40..... Not that old Even if this doesn't happen how much scope is there for
Growth? One thing on your side is average income is very high...

In all honesty I would spread your risk. Why not invest in four 400thousand dollar houses than one 1.6 million?

One in a mining town, one in a capital city, one in a holiday spot and one in a high rental yield regional town on the up.
At least make it a bit of fun! This way you spread you're risk and can sell
One per year, potentially decreasing capital gains tax. Lots of
Ways to do
It just dont put so much into one basket.
If you want to discuss further, my email is [email protected]
Sorry about the disjointed message I have had a belly full !

I would live in Northbridge in an instant

I would not invest there.

Big difference and one that you need to make early on.

Strongy gives sound general advice.

Back