Now all of you who said prices would never come down...

** edit **

OK, ignore the paragraph below this edit. According to the following online test my net speed after errors (zero) was 65wpm. So, I guess I do type fairly quickly after all. i.e. the same speed as Alex. :D

Try it:

http://www.typingtest.com/default.asp

OK, this is addictive. I did a second test and now I type at 74wpm net (76 gross) when I try not to be perfect in my typing... :D

** endedit **

Nope, no way known I can type at 60wpm, but I am still fairly quick for a bloke. On a good keyboard I type at around 40wpm which gets me by. I'm not a "search and destroy" two-finger typist. ;)

But I'm nowhere near full touch typing and the speeds achieved by some on this board it would seem.

Cheers,
Michael.

Last edited:
Enough of falling house price drivvle greedy saffa

I think we all get the point after 135 posts onthis subject so no point doing it to death !

So who else types faster than 60 wpm..:D

Me :) Although I'm a hell-of-a-lot faster at typing programming code than well-punctuated English. (Edit: I just tried the typing test and scored 57, with terrible accuracy of 89%... Glad I don't have to do too much documentation for my code!)

The funny thing that this thread is reminding me of is my IT teacher from high school. He was a point-and-poker, but could point and poke faster than anyone I knew at the time could touch type... i.e 30-40wpm or something crazy. To this day I've never seen anyone else that fast.

Well that was fun....70wpm...has gone down since I first learned 35 years ago...obviously not enough practise of late!:(

50wpm with 98% accuracy. Using the magic 2 finger method.

That was the second try though. The first time I got 4wpm with 8% accuracy - not quite sure what happened there!

Last edited:
97 wpm 1 mistake (typed a fullstop where it should have been a comma). Though I did go back to correct mistakes as I went. Still missed one.
Alex

57 wpm, 1 mistake. Not that is is representative of when you have to think about what to write :)

OK...46 wpm - only 9 mistakes though :eek:

Given that I did the test on my new notebook (with a different layout and smaller keys I think :D) I would give myself a 20% benefit of doubt to be more accurate if done on my PC !

So I think I am around 54 wpm and on average 6 mistakes.. Not bad for a 2 finger typist...!:D

Harris

typing.gif

Net Speed: 132 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 97%
Gross Speed: 136 WPM
(words/minute)

Yes... I'm a bit of a nerd :D

Back