NRAS in Broome

Euro can talk about NRAS all day...

But to me the investment MUST stack up without any scheme, rental guarantee etc...

I look at property the same way for other tax benefits like depreciation, if things like rent guarantees, NRAS, rent guarantees that are sold to you and not the property's actual growth drivers then what are you buying the property or the perks. Don't be sold.

If it wasn't NRAS would you be buying the property?

Euro can talk about NRAS all day...

But to me the investment MUST stack up without any scheme, rental guarantee etc...

I look at property the same way for other tax benefits like depreciation, if things like rent guarantees, NRAS, rent guarantees that are sold to you and not the property's actual growth drivers then what are you buying the property or the perks. Don't be sold.

If it wasn't NRAS would you be buying the property?
The way I see it is NRAS should be analyzed on its merits just like any other part of the investing picture.

Euro

For me the most relevant point would be the purchase price .

What sort or price premium are you paying for a NRAS property relative to the same property , non NRAS . I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere .

Cliff

Has been covered multiple times Cliff. The long and the short of it is this; NRAS has to be applied to brand new stock, never tenanted before - so valuations can be difficult. However, NRAS itself shouldnt attract a premium.

i.e If a developers prices are expensive for his NRAS approved stock, they should be just as expensive for his non NRAS stock. There shouldnt be two tiered pricing of stock, happening.

Back