NRL Season Predictions

I love to gloat when its in my favour.

And I haven't been able to gloat for 11 years.

Finally though my team Newcastle Knights are bound to win the premiership (I'm not sure how they can lose actually!)

Great team this year and greatest coach.

So I was wondering if we can do predictions and see who is right.

My prediction:

Knights to come 3rd in season then come through in the finals to win the premiership!

Other chances to make GF are Broncos/Storm (as it depends on who is in the Semi to see who makes the final)

What are other fanatics predictions?

Well Knights can never beat Raiders in Canberra so there's something for you!

I've been waiting a long time - your time will come too!

Haven't given much thought to it really but...

Knights will win tomorrow and the first few rounds but then it's all down hill from there. The fat bloke will have an argument with the old guy and part ways.

Top 8
1) Tigers
2) Manly
3) St George
4) Roosters
5) Storm
6) Warriors
7) Dogs
8) Souths or Broncos

First coach to be sacked will be David Furner from the Raiders
First player scandal will involve Robert Lui
Raiders & Titans to battle for the spoon
QLD to win origin 2-1
New TV deal will be $1.3b

Haven't given much thought to it really but...

Knights will win tomorrow and the first few rounds but then it's all down hill from there. The fat bloke will have an argument with the old guy and part ways.

Top 8
1) Tigers
2) Manly
3) St George
4) Roosters
5) Storm
6) Warriors
7) Dogs
8) Souths or Broncos

First coach to be sacked will be David Furner from the Raiders
First player scandal will involve Robert Lui
Raiders & Titans to battle for the spoon
QLD to win origin 2-1
New TV deal will be $1.3b

No thought at all...
Here's hoping Michael Macguire can coax something special out of that bunch of 'gunnas' down at Redfern :)

2012 is the year of the new coaches! Lots of them so most of those teams won't gel well until next year.

Not sure why everyone is talking up Tigers. They will make 8 but flunk like usual.

Roosters won't do well either. Miss 8.
Manly I don't think so because Toovey isn't experienced yet. Top 8 though but not contenders.
St George no - same reason as Manly. Will get top 8 but flunk as well.
Warriors, Bulldogs no hope for same as above - both to miss top 8.
Souths same as above but good team so may sneak into 8.

Cowboys/Panthers might do ok in my opinion. Not contenders though.
Eels/Raiders/Titans - keep dreaming

Only real contenders are Knights/Storm/Broncos - then to a lesser extent Tigers/St George/Manly but no real threat.

Knights are genuine favourites because of our roster this year. If it was last year's roster with Bennett I wouldn't rate them highly but Buderus, Boyd and Tahu will make a huge difference (and Cuthbertson and Snowden to a lesser degree) - when you look at Gidley, Mullen, Uate, Costigan, Houston we have a great core team with solid players like Taia, Sau, Fa'aoso, Edwards, McManus, Naiquama included.

I really think the Knights have the best chance to win as nobody appreciates the fact that 1-17 the Knights have experience and ability! Strike weapons all around the park and great depth.

Very excited - not since 2006 have I been this excited (we came 4th that year and Broncos caught us in week 2 after Buderus suspended and really tough game in week 1 against Manly - thank god Mcintyre system is over!)

My mum's side of the family live in Newcastle so I have been supporting them for 15 years since I was 5. Roosters are number 2 but no comparison really!

I have probably 50 Knights jerseys (10 of them signed and framed) and various signed limited edition memorabilia - enough for at least 1 deposit! So I am the real deal! I just buy them off ebay whenever they are well priced. Member for over 10 years but only get to watch probably 50% of the home games due to living in Sydney.

But this year there is no doubt a win will be ours. In previous years we've had the talent but no money or coach. Now we've got all 3. Can't wait to be amongst 30k rabid dogs supporting the knights tomorrow night!

Here is the points system just to make it interesting:

Regular Season: Correct Tip - 1 point
Regular Season - Tips a draw - 4 points
Finals/State of Origin:Correct Tip - 2 points
Championship Bonus : 3 points

Bonus Points to be added if a Tipster correctly Tips all matches in a Round = 2

For late starters and absent-minded people :)
Calculation of Points for Tipsters who fail to submit their Tips by the Round's Tip cut-off time = Home
Allocation of Points for Tipsters who start later than Round 1 = Lowest

Last edited:
There are two types of people in this world
1st Dragon supporters
2nd and those who want to be dragon supporters

Fire up!

thumbnail.aspx

Brisbane Broncos all the way from start too the finals..imho..

Last edited:
Back