NSW Central Coast

My two cents: East Gosford would be my pick. It's well located - halfway between the beach and the rail line - and there is a BIT of a village vibe. Popular with commuters and young families who want to have some shops and cafes nearby and also be fairly close to the beach and larger shopping centre (Erina Fair).

Having said that, I gave up waiting for the Coast to do anything and bought in inner west Sydney.

Cheers,

Jaz

East Gosford is a good pick, but prices are well ahead of other suburbs that will given time and growth show good potential also.

All major political parties are now pushing the new Gosford university agenda:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-15/plans-to-expand-university-on-central-coast/4888072

GCC (Gosford City Council) already now has funding secured for half of the project and are waiting to see if additional funding will be matched in the Regional Infrastructure Development Funding round 5.

John Singleton is bank rolling both Laurie McKinna and Nathan Bracken for the two seats on the Central Coast.

I believe these two independents could help get much more achieved than either of the major political parties have in the past 30 years.

Last edited:
East Gosford is a good pick, but prices are well ahead of other suburbs that will given time and growth show good potential also.

All major political parties are now pushing the new Gosford university agenda:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-15/plans-to-expand-university-on-central-coast/4888072

GCC (Gosford City Council) already now has funding secured for half of the project and are waiting to see if additional funding will be matched in the Regional Infrastructure Development Funding round 5.

John Singleton is bank rolling both Laurie McKinna and Nathan Bracken for the two seats on the Central Coast.

I believe these two independents could help get much more achieved than either of the major political parties have in the past 30 years.

But even John Singo has admitted that it is unlikely that Laurie nor Nathan will be elected.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...g-thomsons-seat-of-dobell-20130812-2rqyk.html

And I cannot see Gosford university starting this side of ten years. Still too many hurdles - probably go the way of the Gosford waterfront development.

But even John Singo has admitted that it is unlikely that Laurie nor Nathan will be elected.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...g-thomsons-seat-of-dobell-20130812-2rqyk.html

And I cannot see Gosford university starting this side of ten years. Still too many hurdles - probably go the way of the Gosford waterfront development.

I also have to disagree with you about the political side of things.

If you have been following anything political on the Coast you would have seen a lot of scandal involved with recent Labor members from Craig Thomson to past been Belinda Neal.

Personally I think the locals are fed up with sitting members like the ones we have had in the past.

I think Laurie McKinna is a very popular figure in the Gosford region also.

Rarely does John Singleton back a loser, you don't think he is downplaying the popularity of the two independents he is backing. He is not so silly to make statements that they are shoe ins.

Hadn't really clicked in about Bracken and Mackinna . I'd heard about Laurier becoming mayor because of my interest in football . He is highly respected in the football community because of what he was able to achieve on a shoe string at the Mariners .

Given one of their opponents is Craig Thompson and the scandle involving belinda Neal and the ongoing current nsw labor scandles I wouldn't be suprised to see both elected .

The central coast is often ignored between newcastle and sydney and if they have the chance to vote for TEAM CENTRAL COAST I wouldn't be suprised to see two new independents . Interesting . But will he cut his hair if he wins .....

Cliff

I can't see how a recently retired professional cricketer, aged 35, can be a good representative for a Central Coast electorate or any other electorate. What is his life experience ? Does he know anything about small business? Has he worked for a 9-5 wage? Has he queued up at Centrelink? Has he been involved in getting infrastructure developments for the coast?

I think if you have spent your 20-30s chasing a ball, then you should probably stick to ball related activities rather than re-inventing yourself as a potential grass roots politician.

If elected, he must surely be a puppet of vested interests behind him. And a sad indictment of an uneducated voting public in that electorate.

I can't see how a recently retired professional cricketer, aged 35, can be a good representative for a Central Coast electorate or any other electorate. What is his life experience ? Does he know anything about small business? Has he worked for a 9-5 wage? Has he queued up at Centrelink? Has he been involved in getting infrastructure developments for the coast?

I think if you have spent your 20-30s chasing a ball, then you should probably stick to ball related activities rather than re-inventing yourself as a potential grass roots politician.

If elected, he must surely be a puppet of vested interests behind him. And a sad indictment of an uneducated voting public in that electorate.

First of all , he is a high profile , popular person . That tends to help in politics .

Secondly . Ex elite althletes , while some crash and burn in spectacular fashion, many go on to have highly successful careers in business and public life . The dedication , personal mental strength and skill sets needed to make a successfully elite athlete are the same needed to succeed in other areas of life .

In Australia , a successful career in cricket , rugby or afl open many doors within the business , political and social elite. A classic example of this would be Paul sheahen who played test cricket while a housemaster at Geelong grammar. Ended up a headmaster at melbourne grammar , recently retired and now president of the MCG.

I'd much prefer someone like that representing me than the standard labour candidate which in NSW tends to be an ex union official who is best friends with Eddie or Joe and owe them a few favours ......

My wife's best friend from her childhood is an ex mayor from an inner west sydney council who had dreams of going into state or federal politics . She became very dissolutioned with the internal machinations of the labor party and is no longer the labor zealot she once was

Cliff

First of all , he is a high profile , popular person . That tends to help in politics .

Secondly . Ex elite althletes , while some crash and burn in spectacular fashion, many go in to have highly successful careers in business and public life . The dedication , personal mental strength and skill sets needed to make a successfully elite athlete are the same needed to succeed in other areas of life .

In Australia , a successful career in cricket , rugby or afl open many doors within the business , political and social elite. A classic example of this would be Paul sheahen who played test cricket while a housemaster at Geelong grammar. Ended up a headmaster at melbourne grammar , recently retired and now president of the MCG.

Cliff

I appreciate the above points. Being high profile, coupled with Australians tending to worship sportsmen, means that a high profile sportsmen has a much higher than average chance of being successful politically.

They appeal to the voting public.

My point is that people who are young and have never done anything besides being a professional sportsman, are not really a good representative of the average Australian.

I would much rather see someone elected who has been running a small or large business, a working mum or retired professional. I think these people have the types of skills and life experience to identify relevant issues in our community and lobby for change as a politician.

So Guys' any chance we can get back onto topic of where to buy NSW Central Coast.

Look harder and you will find plenty of great deals, I have picked up two this
year further north CC and both well under 200 , both last traded for over 225 in the peak.

I have another on the cards now , also north CC but do I really need another project.

So Guys' any chance we can get back onto topic of where to buy NSW Central Coast.

Look harder and you will find plenty of great deals, I have picked up two this
year further north CC and both well under 200 , both last traded for over 225 in the peak.

I have another on the cards now , also north CC but do I really need another project.

Are you talking about Wyong, Warnervale and Budgewoi?

If you think those areas to the north are going to show good future growth, there are opportunities to get blocks of 800m2 in areas zoned for multi-dwelling properties for around 250k.

If you think those areas to the north are going to show good future growth, there are opportunities to get blocks of 800m2 in areas zoned for multi-dwelling properties for around 250k.

But thats the really debatable issue. I don't think those areas have much CG potential at all. Nothing in those parts that would really drive high rise developments. Its the opposite of inner Sydney.

I would be interested in others' opinions.

But thats the really debatable issue. I don't think those areas have much CG potential at all. Nothing in those parts that would really drive high rise developments. Its the opposite of inner Sydney.

Of course it's the opposite of inner Sydney, it's a regional town! Your comparing apples with watermelons.

I don't think anyone suggested that we are going to see any 50 story developments popping up anytime soon.

Current growth predictions have the Central Coast moving from 320,000 current to approx 420,000 in 2031. That represents a significant increase over the coming decade. Approx 30% at almost 2% per year.

This additional population growth will be from the north/lower Hunter all the way down to the south Gosford/Woy Woy.

These predicted growth increases call for an additional 70,000 homes to be built over that time.

We are already seeing local govt cater to these additional needs by developing areas in north Wyong.

So by your reasoning you are stating that any town that doesn't have high rise development will not have significant future growth?

The fact is that you have a coastal town, right on the beaches, with 320,000 residents right now. The area is situated an hour north of Sydney and 40 mins south of Newcastle. We aren't making any more coastal land.

So obviously other regional towns such as Orange, Mildura, Dubbo, Albury-Wadonga shouldn't be seeing any growth as there are no high rise developments going on there.

According to the NSW 2006-2036 projections (Dated, yes), the north Wyong area is/was forecast to be the 7th fastest growing area in the state.

Despite the estimates for 86.3% population growth, i do not believe the density will ever be "high rise" in the north Wyong area.

Capital growth - I believe that this area will appreciate in value faster than other areas on the CC.

One of the fundamental drivers of value is/will be there; population growth.

Supply & Demand.

Attachments

• NSW Projections.jpg
    NSW Projections.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 83
So by your reasoning you are stating that any town that doesn't have high rise development will not have significant future growth?

No I am just using the term "high rise development" as an example for saying that an area must be deemed as attractive to developers and government who may foresee population growth and demand for housing and hence proceed with high rise. It would also mean that there is a shortage of space to build housing to meet demand.

To me these conditions would seem conducive to capital growth for landowners in an area earmarked for potential future high rise.

I just can't see these conditions for Wyong as there is still an abundance of undeveloped or underdeveloped land.

So obviously other regional towns such as Orange, Mildura, Dubbo, Albury-Wadonga shouldn't be seeing any growth as there are no high rise developments going on there.

The issue is whether the growth in these places are going to be as fast as other parts of nsw e.g. southwestern sydney. Ideally, I would want to invest in areas where factors are present for the greatest growth.

According to the NSW 2006-2036 projections (Dated, yes), the north Wyong area is/was forecast to be the 7th fastest growing area in the state.

Despite the estimates for 86.3% population growth, i do not believe the density will ever be "high rise" in the north Wyong area.

Capital growth - I believe that this area will appreciate in value faster than other areas on the CC.

One of the fundamental drivers of value is/will be there; population growth.

Supply & Demand.

So would you not consider preferentially using your investment dollar in the top six areas?

Back