NSW Strata Law Revolution

Lots of good changes - don't think the pet one is good though.

I allow pets where suitable - but I can just see strata complexes filled with little white yappy dogs that bark all day because they miss their owners, driving everyone nuts.

I allow pets where suitable - but I can just see strata complexes filled with little white yappy dogs that bark all day because they miss their owners, driving everyone nuts.

I will have a dog in my apartment next year (it's a relatively big complex) and have been educating myself from now. Potential yappiness definitely on the list to tackle early. Along with potty training....

I can't control the others though - I hope all the owners and renters are sane enough not to buy a dogs/ cats by impulse and then realise how big is the commitment. Since I will live near uni, I have this (unjustified) feelings that this might happen more often than expected.

Once upon a time I did property management inspections on a number of blocks of apartments. One inspection, I went into the apartment to find a full size golden retriever - in a 55sqm apartment. The girl was so upset for me to have found out, until I realised that the property was now being managed by another agent since hand over. Said goodbye, gave the dog a pat and left it at that.

I feel more sorry for the pets not having outdoor space to roam/play without the owners taking them out.

Anyone have a link to the proposed changes, I'm interested in the law about flooring.

The problem with pets and in particular dogs, you dont know if they are yappy until they are in the apartment and then you have zero chance of getting rid of them.

I have cats in my apartment so I'm no anti pet person but I can see the concern regarding some pets.

The laws could always be worse.

In Switzerland, in a unit block at night, a man must sit down to pee so as not to disturb people in the unit underneath.

Anyone have a link to the proposed changes, I'm interested in the law about flooring.

I would be interested as welll - I though floating wooden floor with specific standard will do ok?

The problem with pets and in particular dogs, you dont know if they are yappy until they are in the apartment and then you have zero chance of getting rid of them.

I have cats in my apartment so I'm no anti pet person but I can see the concern regarding some pets.

Yappy usually due to separation anxiety and have a lot to do with how it's being raised. Hence no one should have one until they have the research and willing to spend the time to train it properly.

The laws could always be worse.

In Switzerland, in a unit block at night, a man must sit down to pee so as not to disturb people in the unit underneath.

Oh, lol. that will solve marriage problem related to toilet seats.

@geoff

The magnitude of responsibility to put the seat down is different when it's in the by law :D as in "We can get fined up to $880 just because you don't want to put the sit down to pee, with the toilet seat down"

@geoff

The magnitude of responsibility to put the seat down is different when it's in the by law :D as in "We can get fined up to $880 just because you don't want to put the sit down to pee, with the toilet seat down"
I think there's quite a few men who could have a wee problem with the whole approach.

OK, I don't get it, how on earth would your neighbour below know whether or not you were sitting or standing to pee?
The sound of water hitting water is much louder when standing.

One could use the side of the bowl, but that would involve putting the light on and waking one's partner, which is not encouraged.

OK, I don't get it, how on earth would your neighbour below know whether or not you were sitting or standing to pee?

Uhm, by the sound that travel through the wall. Pretty sure it won't be difficult to differentiate if you can hear it. Switzerland might be a very quiet country, or you migth have an OCD neighbors with sensitive ears ;)

Back