Offers in land being rejected

Hi Guys

Maybe you can help me! I made an offer on a block of land in my area that I knew was very reasonable. The land is on a subdivision that has not been completed to registration and of course the offer was made subject to this being finished. The asking price is $340,000. I offered $310,000. The agent told me he took my offer to the buyer and it was rejected. I then came back and told the agent the reason for my offer eg. other land in the area is going for about $300,000 but is not quite as well located, and made a final offer of $315,000. The agent then said this was still too low and I have heard no more.

Meanwhile, the land is still on the market four weeks later??

I have now made an offer on some other land in another area. This has been advertised as a mortgagee sale. I did some research, found out the last buyer paid $261,000 for this land in 2002. The land failed to go at auction last September. Since then a DA to subdivide the land has expired. Lots of itnernet surfing proves the land was first advertised at $389,000 then $359,000 and it is now on at $339.000. I have made an offer of $300,000. The agent rejected this.Surely if this is a mortgagee sale, the bank would take anything over $261,000??? Is the agent telling lies????

I am bamboozled with this whole process!!!!

Maybe they were LOE an took the mortgage to higher than their purchase price? Ask the agent for the mortgagee in possession to counter your offer rather than reject it.

How did i find value?

Hey there

Yes I ordered the RP property report so that I was armed. It is also a good idea to type in the address of a property into Google with terms such as "sold by" or for sale. I was able to see previous prices on the land, and saw that the current agent tried to sell it at auction in Sep last year and FAILED. This kind of information is great ammo for negotiating with agents.

I Love the Internet!!!
:D

Back