Oops, it was my Wedding Anniversary yesterday...

Am I OK or am I in big doodoo?

• Don't worry, you were out on an ocean cruise and she won't expect you to have remembered.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Poor form dude. She'll let you off but you've got some serious sucking up to do.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Busted. Marital duties are off the radar for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Seriously busted. Grovel and you might be able to salvage the marriage with therapy.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I think a "make it right" activity is in order. She'll then be over the moon that I remembered, albeit belatedly, and I can pretend I never forgot! In fact, she constantly gets the actual anniversary date of 24/1 mixed up with Australia Day 26/1 as it was the weekend prior to Australia Day when we were married. The certificate says 24/1 but in her mind it the mental trigger is 26/1 so its tomorrow right? ;)

That's why we always forget ours too. I'd planned to get married on 14th March which also marked the anniversary of settlement for my first property. The reception place was booked so we brought it forward a week. So I always remember on about the 10th of March that we forgot it. To make things worse my SIL got married a week after us so I always remember her anniversary.

Your plan sounds good Michael.

I really ike WW's idea, I would forgive a LOT for that kind of treatment! Wylie has a good point too though that if she didn't mentions you're not the only one who forgot. Good luck.

Urban, the Ides of march is my parents wedding anniversary (50 this year) so I always know the Quote lol .... Mum says it every year!:rolleyes:

Hey you took her on an ocean cruise - surely that counts as remembering the anniversary? I wouldn't worry too much - we women will put up with a lot worse (unless she's ultra high maintenance of course).

LMAO .... :D

My wife and I had a really busy time leading up to our 10th anniversary..... we were going to do something special and then one day we both looked at each other in the kitchen/meals area & without a word, it clicked! We both said "It was our wedding anniversary last week!"

We couldn't believe it. Both of us forgot, even after talking about it 4-5 weeks earlier.... and we forgot by about 5 DAYS!!! I thought I was soooooo busted, but because she forgot as well, we just hugged & kissed and agreed we both forgot. ;) I was so relieved..... I will never forget that moment.

Personally I wouldn't be stressed. You've just had an ocean cruise! Gee, that would cover a few gifts in my mind!

I tend to forget our wedding date but we were together 7 years or so before we got married so it's not a real important one to us IYKWIM.

Birthdays are special around here. And lovely lilies following a grumpy week often appear ;).

Your wife's brain is probably still in happy-land following the cruise, sure as eggs she's forgotten too. You'll be laughing about it together in a week. That's love :).

I'm still married to my sweetheart of 45 years. In spite of getting married four days after my 21st I still regularly forget our anniversary. It's not the end of the world: Be a man and proclaim: "Who gives a chit!"

She forgot too. Been there done that :eek:

Tis not all bad, life gets busy and we forget things.

I suggest a lunch that you book and completely plan.

It sounds like she's forgotten too :eek::p.

My husband and I have forgotten ours on at least a couple of occassions each and it was no biggy.

The first to remember say's 'oops we forgot'.

Neither is big on sulking or overly sensitive about not providing this 'type' of proof of ones love.

Infact it's probably one of the reasons we're still together after so many years ;).

Tell her you thought you were in Canada. With the time difference it is probably still your anniversary.

Rob is always a day younger here.

These things shouldn't really make that much difference, unles there are other issues in your marriage.

Anniversaries?

Not a concern, if you are my husband/boyfriend/lover/live in, I would hope you are happy, healthy, independent and leading the life you want, I don't have any expectation for you to function as the human calendar/alarm clock of all Percepted? socially/personal significant dates.

Besides I'm not into marriage per se...ie the legal document/institution thingy...shacking up is more my caper, and I do happen to remember that date as a horse, (accidently) stood on my toe and broke it after winning a race for us.

It's all good here.:)

Buy her a nice present and before giving it say. Honey I was waiting for you to give me an anniversary present but as you have forgotten here is YOUR's.

We just had our 9th on the 20th and my wife has managed to remember once. It happened to be the only year I forgot it (well i remember 2 days b4). I still have to listen about "the year" I forgot.
If she hasn't mentioned it then get in 1st I say.

If she hasn't mentioned it then get in 1st I say.

Yep, that's what I did. And I actually saw the penny drop on her face when she realised she'd forgotten too! :D Instead of getting all fancy I just said something like:...

Hi *endearment*,

I know we were planning on just going to Southbank tomorrow for a picnic and swim on Australia Day, but given its our Anniversary I would love to take you out somewhere special for lunch instead if you'd like. *pause and observe*...

In the end we agreed to just make a family day of it given we'd already done the cruise to Vanuatu and New Caledonia last week. So we went to Movie World in the morning and Wet&Wild in the afternoon for a swim and a few cool water rides. Actually had a fantastic day! And that night she snuck out a box of chocolates for me. We shared them over a glass of Baileys or two.

All is well in the world.

Cheers,
Michael

I struggle with remembering, but her birthday is a week later on the 15th of March...I don't dare neglect it.

(let's see how many people can figure that out - hint: it's a Shakespearean reference)

Ides of March ?

I solved the problem of forgeting the wedding aniversary for Hubbie, we got married on my Birthday, which is tomorrow in fact!:D

I know we were planning on just going to Southbank tomorrow for a picnic and swim on Australia Day, but given its our Anniversary I would love to take you out somewhere special for lunch instead if you'd like. *pause and observe*...

Wow, you are brave swimming at Southbank.
Don't know if you'd have fit in anyways.

Late arvo, we cycled back from the Bay and had a glass of wine in Little Stanley St, and a pleasant chat to some Swedish Merchant seamen (and female 3rd officer), decided to hang around for the fireworks, so had an Indian curry. Fireworks were over in 10 minutes, then 20,000 people vacated the place, all wanting to head in the opposite direction to us.

Back