Operational Works Timeframes

In Queensland, can anyone tell me the statutory timeframes for a Council to assess an Op Works application under IDAS? What remedy is there when they fail to make these timeframes?:mad:

Thanks

hey

I dont think they have a statutory time frame for op works as i had one go on for 2months and another was finished inside 3 weeks it depends on what council and how much work they have on i guess hope this helps abit

Generally a council works under the following guidelines for approvals:
10 days to respond to an application
3 sets of 20 days for information request
20 days for issuing an approval

All the days are calculated in working days. They would follow a similar system to assess op works.

Mos councils are under staffed and approvals are taking much longer than what they should. I you are not happy with then they you can take them court.

However, I take the approach of constant follow up...it helps if you deal with them often as they know who you are.

Sailesh,

Thanks for the reply. This is a largish project($20m). Op works has now been 18 months. We were issued preliminary approval 3 months ago and after meetings were assured we were close(2 weeks) with only a few issues to resolve. We have let the tender on the basis of this advice. Innumerable phone calls and emails - I have now contacted the local councillor and mayor outlining the problem - should hear back Monday. All of work has been done by a consultants.
It hasn't been a problem until now - as the contractors are ready to go. If they can't start they may move onto another job an we will lose 4 months.
I have totally lost patience - the consultants are not too keen on me stirring anymore but it is just an absolute joke. I guess they are immune to the incompetence as they deal with it all the time.
Can we get an emergency hearing in the P&E court ( already beaten them once during the DA phase)?

Back