Options for IP / Financial Planning Software?

Hi All,

I've got PIA which is great for IP related assessments for a particular proposed IP and allows future projections, portfolio analysis etc. Now while I use it, I don't claim to be an absolute expert with it. It probably has functions I don't know how to use. For example I had difficulty trying to use it to crunch the numbers on a short term buy and sell / "flip" type option. The spreadsheet doesn't seem to be set up for anything less than holding the IP for 1 year. Or am I missing something? Do Somersoft run training of any kind for PIA? Might be a quicker way to use it to it's full potential than trying to work it all out myself using the manual etc.

I was thinking it would be great if there was software that enabled you to run all your financial planning projections (including investments other than IPs) in one program. Something that takes into account your current financial position with all investments, that allows you to vary your income / tax position in future projections (eg - reduced income in future years due to birth of children etc), and allows you to see how a new investment (and multiple ongoing investments) would affect your position (how it would affect your cash flow, net worth, etc) over varying time periods. Something that would assist you to make tax effective decisions. Something that would cater for investments owned through different entities (own name, trusts, companies etc). PIA doesn't appear to easily facilitate ownership through trusts etc.

If anyone knows of software that performs such tasks and is affordable for personal use please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

MF35

Back