Our 32 week old unborn baby has serious heart problems.

Maeve arrived (8 weeks early) on 16-5-2010 at 7:04pm . She weighed in at 3lb 10oz. Mum and Maeve are doing well.

Fantastic news! I can't comprehend the emotions that you must have gone through recently but it is such a relief to hear that this hurdle, at least, has been cleared.

All the best, Jay. We're looking forward to hearing more positive news about this soon.

Congratulations

Hi Jay

Say a big welcome to Maeve! What a little trooper! All our best wishes and prayers for you and your family...

Take care

Congrates GG

I am one of those success stories... I was born with a hole in my heart and the arteries that attach to the heart were basically back to front. Trans.....something of the arteries.

Well I had the operation aged 9.. they knew when I was 3 of my condition.
Played soccer since 4 went for op at the end of the season and was back playing the next year. Only got one week off school though:mad:

Fast forward 30 years and had a check up a few years ago and was told apart from the scar and the staples holding me together you would not know I had any condition at all.

I was also in the Royal Children's Hospital (Camperdown)? before it moved to its current location at Westmead?

Regards

Regrow

Congrates GG

I am one of those success stories... I was born with a hole in my heart and the arteries that attach to the heart were basically back to front. Trans.....something of the arteries.

Well I had the operation aged 9.. they knew when I was 3 of my condition.
Played soccer since 4 went for op at the end of the season and was back playing the next year. Only got one week off school though:mad:

Fast forward 30 years and had a check up a few years ago and was told apart from the scar and the staples holding me together you would not know I had any condition at all.

I was also in the Royal Children's Hospital (Camperdown)? before it moved to its current location at Westmead?

Regards

Regrow

Thank you Regrow, its really nice to hear storys that have a happy outcome. Its great 30 years ago they could do that, give me hope :)

Jay

Litttle Maeve is doing well, breathing on her own tonight, she has taken a couple of ml's of mums milk (expressed into a tiny shringe). She is pink and beautiful. She has a full head of hair and a strong grip. Mum on the other hand is drugged up to the eyeballs (poor thing) She can't work out why people pay so much money for drugs when they make you feel like @#$%. She hopes to be walking around tomorrow, night xo

Congratulations to you and your wife on the addition of number 5.

I imagine at this time most of our stories pale in significance to the challenge your family will face.

Best of luck for the days, weeks and years ahead. I'm sure that Maeve will be on SS in no time telling us of her first IP :D

Make sure you have a shoulder to lean on - its amazing how much pressure is released from a tear or two being spilled on a loved ones shoulder.

Hi All,

Update: Maeve had her nose prone (oxygen) thingys taken off today, so she is totally breathing by herself :)

This (telling strangers) helps me no end :p

I have attached a couple of photos :cool:

Cheers

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_3905.jpg
    IMG_3905.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 144
Congratulations, Jay, that's amazing progress! She's obviously a strong little girl, and that will stand her in good stead over the coming months. :) I'm glad things are going so well.

Awww, such a beautiful name...Maeve...for such a beautiful lil girl :)

I see she's in her 'cubby' baking away still....scary seeing so many tubes on her, but each time they remove something it's like another little triumphant step towards coming home!
How many kgs is she (still don't know ounces)?

Best to mum also, what a trooper!

wOW! Congratulations. I just looked at this tread for the first time in a couple of days and see pictures of your new baby girl. All the best to you and your family.

Awww, such a beautiful name...Maeve...for such a beautiful lil girl :)

I see she's in her 'cubby' baking away still....scary seeing so many tubes on her, but each time they remove something it's like another little triumphant step towards coming home!
How many kgs is she (still don't know ounces)?

Best to mum also, what a trooper!

Mum is coming home tomorrow but Maeve will be in hospital for a few months and then of to the RCH for operations.

Its going to be difficult for Mum to come home without Maeve.

All this highlights how differant Males and females are......i said last night that i was jealous of other parents and babys in the hospital but my wife finds it hard to see "healthy" babys.

Jay

I think it'll be hard for you both leaving Maeve there. (Love that name!!!)

We felt like stealing Daisy away from the hospital b/c we were so over visiting & having to leave her there...(only for 3 wks but felt like a lifetime!)

Awww, must be hard for your wife seeing all the 'healthy' babies...but yours may be streets ahead of them b/c she has a whole family o love waiting for her...hard on the other kids too having to wait for Maeve to come home?

What ops does she have to have?

Back