Our 32 week old unborn baby has serious heart problems.

congratulations for little Maeve.

i'm so relieved to hear everything went smoothly.

wishing you all well from this little corner or the world.

Great news on taking her home!
That is just so fantastic.

I just had my second baby and it's incredible i was screaming like a crazy idiot on the surgical table. COVER HIS EYES IT'S TOO BRIGHT FOR HIM. I can only imagine what you and your family were going through. I am crying right now. Stupid hormones.

Hello All,

Just a quick update.

Maeve is now 3 months old and 3.8kg. She is doing reallly well. Still tube fed as she has not quite got the suck and swollow action right yet. She is on 5 different meds a day, which she will be on for the rest of her life.

Her next op on her heart will be around Christmas time.

We got our first smile yesterday (no, it wasn't wind :) )

Cheers

Jay and Family

Attachments

• maeve.jpg
    maeve.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 120
Maeve is absolutely beautiful.

Did you know her name is associated with the (mythical) Irish warrior Queen.

Strong of spirit, beloved and a gaze of infinite beauty.

Glad she is going well, and a smile!:)

My sister had a baby boy born with 4 holes in his heart. They were all quite a size as well, but this wasn't picked up until he was about 8 weeks old????
He wasn't thriving and would frequently turn blue as he was trying to feed, but her GP didn't think it was much to worry about at first.
At 10 weeks old, he had open heart surgery to close the holes and they did something else which I fail to remember. Today he is a lovely little 5 year old boy. He is small for his age, but apart from that he is healthy and enjoys doing things other little boys like doing.
Hopefully, you may be in a better situation than my sister, as they have already detected the problem, and can get to work on it once the baby is born, instead of waiting 2 and a half months, and maybe causing more damage.
Good luck, I hope it all works out ok for you.

Back