"Outlook for 2015"..

"Prediction is very difficult, especially when it's about the future" - Niels Bohr. :D

House prices have risen by around 15% or more in Sydney over the last twelve months. Given that incomes are growing by around 3%, that's five years worth of price rises.

The last quarterly stats (to June, see link at bottom) had annualised wage growth running at about 2.6% (and trending down). New figure for September quarter are out soon'ish (Next week or so?).

Public sector wage growth looks like tanking in the coming few years with Governments taking a really hard line stance in negotiating new agreements, so it could be a bleak time for some surviving on wages to keep up with raises in costs of living (including rent).

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/6345.0/

Just wondering what other people think about 2015?,some media fast buck soap box speakers are narrowly focused on the upside with Sydney still going gangbusters and may well over run the value level,as it has before then go into the next stage of the cycle ,Brisbane from what the few Real-Estate Agent I know tell me sales are slow,rentals number are up unleased just sitting there,but they have been selling for over 35 years and unerringly honest at least to me anyway..

So what do you think no matter what anyone tells you it's always best to question the error rate in what you read,myself the ASX will do the same as it always has ,property maybe a slow pull back,interest rates maybe up 1.5% just going to be another normal year with the same bumps along the way..imho..

Did anyone watch the business show on ABC - where they had the experts vs the high school students giving their predictions from start of the yr to where it is now. So far, the high school students are far closer and beating the cr@p outta the experts in their predictions.

I think the last prediction is on tonights program? My money is on the high school students...or the tarot-card reading psychic being the closest on this one.

And to answer your question, I do not defer to tarot cards, nor a crystal ball...but unless something goes significantly wrong, I think the top 3 [ syd, mel, bris] will all do the best; probably Brisbane leading over Sydney and then Melbourne.

In Perth, I can see property prices easing a little as the market becomes more balanced. Rents seem to have stabilised somewhat but I think there may still be room for a little decrease depending on the area. The inner city aparment market may struggle a little as completed apartments come online.

I will be active in the market but take the above into consideration when doing my financial planning. It doesn't concern me a bit.

Back