Overcoming Obstacles

We recently have not had a good experience with a service we are using. It is one of those obstacles that I know we will put down to our naivety and a mistake we will not repeat. Mentally I have come to terms that we have lost some of our hard earned savings.
Today I read an email from the service provider which has angered me. It has essentially reversed our roles. You would think that they were the customer and we were not servicing their business.

In the interests of my mental health.
Do I just terminate the arrangement as the service provider is wanting me to do?
Do I reply with a detailed account countering some of the comment made by them and the service they have claimed to provide?
Do I ask them to honour their agreement? (Do I already know this is pointless)

The service provider notes that we have not communicated with them in a number of weeks. Because they have not heard from us after they have sent us a series of 'weekly reports' they are now keeping their information internal.

They are correct in terms of our last communication to them some weeks ago responding to their report.

We have not however received a series of weekly reports as they are claiming. The next report after that communication was 18 days later.
We were on holidays.

I don't think it appropriate for a service provider to withdraw (not pass on) information because the customer has not contacted them in a while.

It depends upon the services to be provided.

Foxtel, utilities, your local gym, the lady at 'legs r us' ;) do not simply cut off services because you haven't been in contact.

Well they did.

I wasn't 100% about the legs I was offered and they weren't happy that I didn't just take the legs that were offered. I didn't see all of the legs and was relying on their description. But they couldn't tell me if the legs were hairy or not because the manufacturer didn't legally have to provide that information.
The next set of legs weren't our type and so they gave up and blamed me for not chasing them to see other legs.

I am now legless!

Anyone else have a nice pair of pins for me?

If we are talking about a small amount of money in the scheme of things, then I do think that sometimes it's better to cut your losses. Think of it as a learning experience.

Your relationship with them has now soured, so there's no point going back and attempting to get them to honor their agreement. Can you trust them again?

Consider whether you'd like to respond to their email to counter their claims. No doubt you may get a response back from them that you're not happy with, either. Are you prepared for this to go back and forth?

It's one of those interesting things you have to ask yourself if you'd regret not doing it. Sit on it and think about it for a few days. Ask family and friends what they think.

Oh, and good luck with finding a nice pair of pins. You'll be up and running again soon. ;)

Back