Owners Corp unresponsive

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on how to get answers out from my owner's corp management. I find them completely unresponsive and hardly reply
to e-mails or phone calls understand u get what you pay for.....but they are not cheap either. I find body corp manager responds selectively on who is raising
the issues in building.

I am glad i am not living there but do i have any rights....can i delay paying my share until they reply to my e-mails or phone calls.

any suggestions would be helpful. PI is in VIC

Write them a formal letter. Don't ingore the payments or you could be bankrupted like another forum member who had a dispute with her strata managers/

Document all your correspondence and if they continue to be non responsive lodge a complaint via your states Department of Fair Trading.

If they are part of a real estate franchise group, contact the head franchisor and see if that elicits a response.

Terry is right when he states that you need to be compliant with all strata rules including continuing payments.

Wal Jones? lol

The only people worse than PM's can be the body corporates!

I agree with the above, send a formal letter requesting a response within 5 business days to the issues you have raised :).

On another note, what are the issues, is it something you could threaten to arrange and forward the bill to them due to the urgent nature of the problems?

thanks Terry, chilliblue......sorry for late reply.

In this instance they returned my call but it was amazing to find they did not see my e-mail for 2 weeks. I normally send follow up e-mails.

I'll just be hopeful they'll not keep doing this. They are not part of real estate franchise group. I will keep my e-mails handy and when i had it enough i'll send them a formal letter requesting thier update.....i guess i can always call states Department of Fair Trading and see what they suggest.....

Thanks Sez....issues could be anything from maint jobs to simple queries.....it seems like they don't have any service agreements with their clients....it disappoints me that body corp don't read their e-mail for weeks....replying to it seems big ask....

anyway thanks for ur reply.....i think one official notice could set them straight...

Back