Paid onine surveyS

Does anyone know much about thgem ?

I wouldn't mind a simple way to earn a couple of extra $, but really do not want to get into anything complicated etc eg getting paid in reward points you can only use on certain siotes to buy producvts etc etc

I stumbeld across a few sites, but don't know how to really do much "DD" on them

Cheers !

A few years back I have taken part in them. For my enormous time investment I think I racked up $7.14. I didn't get paid out because I had to reach a minimum of $100USD. It probably worked out to being about $1 an hour.

I found that being from Australia and more so Perth, many of the companies didn't really care what we had to say. They are looking for US consumers or East Coasters, after doing all the surveys they had for my small payout I had to wait weeks before a new one came up.

I have a friend who does secret shopping; she gets about $30 to $50 a gig and gets a free meal / coffee or sometimes other stuff. She just signed up through an agency and when the jobs come up she does her weekly shopping too. So it's not that much extra time.

Possibly an alternative idea?

A few years back I have taken part in them. For my enormous time investment I think I racked up $7.14. I didn't get paid out because I had to reach a minimum of $100USD. It probably worked out to being about $1 an hour.

I found that being from Australia and more so Perth, many of the companies didn't really care what we had to say. They are looking for US consumers or East Coasters, after doing all the surveys they had for my small payout I had to wait weeks before a new one came up.

I have a friend who does secret shopping; she gets about $30 to $50 a gig and gets a free meal / coffee or sometimes other stuff. She just signed up through an agency and when the jobs come up she does her weekly shopping too. So it's not that much extra time.

Possibly an alternative idea?

Cheers Kent,

That's what I was afraid of - complicated "systems" where it's difficult to get actually get paid (like your $1000 minimum) or reward points or "schemes" setup to see you spending your earnings on their products..

oh well, might google secret shopper for fun

what you are after is "mystery shopping"

A few of us on here have done such over time. Pay can be pretty crap for the time you spend ... although I do know some that would earn up to $1000/mth. A lot of the time you don't get "paid" but refunded for your purchase.

I used to grab all the bottle shop jobs - would make a couple of hundred worth of wine in one day. Got sick of the Maccas and Pizza Hut jobs - but I was the only one in that particular town at that time, so got one every week.

However, if you have spare time and are going "there" or get a series of jobs in the one location, it can be okay money. Problem is that jobs are usually first in first serve, so you have to keep you eye on the websites all the time to get the jobs.

PM me if you want more info

what you are after is "mystery shopper"

A few of us on here have done such over time. Pay can be pretty crap for the time you spend ... although I do know some that would earn up to $1000/mth. A lot of the time you don't get "paid" but refunded for your purchase.

I used to grab all the bottle shop jobs - would make a couple of hundred worth of wine in one day. Got sick of the Maccas and Pizza Hut jobs - but I was the only one in that particular town at that time, so got one every week.

PM me if you want more info

Yeah that's exactly what I'm not looking for. I'm looking for something that pays in cashs/money, not free products that I may not need/want (I'm bad enough at shopping already fgor a bloke).

I am a member of a few online survey websites (have been for around 7 years), in all that time I haven't made too much money from these websites (~$1000).

For the past year or two, I have gotten to the stage where I don't bother doing the surveys anymore (average around $2 for 10-15 mins) and just focus on the ads/videos that pay 0.10c for a viewing.

One of these websites rewards purchases through eBay (roughly 2c per $1) which I find handy around Christmas time to get a little back, and has a $30 cash out.

Overall the survey websites aren't as fruitful as I thought they would be, but now it has gotten to the stage where I am making a whopping 30c a day for a minute of effort.

I have absolutely no uninterrupted free time at the moment (baby who is still breastfed + toddler who generally does troublesome toddler stuff all day don't give me much time to think) so I was fishing for a few extra dollars a few weeks back.

Ended up lowering myself to doing content writing. Its easy, pays good solid third world rates and takes up some of the time the toddler and baby are distracted watching Masterchef with the other half. It also has the advantage of being ongoing, although I was talking to someone else the other day who was complaining he has no work and noone wants to pay him, but his English seemed pretty poor.

I reckon if you did that full time you could earn the princely sum of, oh, $200 a day for the small price of your dignity.

Other half thinks I am completely wasting my time with it but I did have to point out that I'd be earning nothing at all otherwise, so why not?

I needa wean this baby and go back to doing some productive work ...

Most webmaster forums have a 'services' section. Also fiverr and freelancer (and their clones) all do. Just mention you're not Chinese or Indian :)

I reckon if you did that full time you could earn the princely sum of, oh, $200 a day for the small price of your dignity.

You realise that if you did that 5 days a week that's $1000 a week, or $50,000 a year which really isn't that bad, especially if you get the luxury of working from home and to your own hours.

Back