paid pet carer's leave

What's this pet carers leave that you speak of?

Is it like mat leave but substituting a human baby for a furry one?

Cheers

Jamie

What's this pet carers leave that you speak of?

Is it like mat leave but substituting a human baby for a furry one?

Cheers

Jamie

Yep. Those proposing the idea say that they have pets instead of children, so they should get pet care leave, paid by their employer, to look after their sick pets just like other people have maternity leave and sick leave.

Time to fill up the fish tank....1000 goldfish giving up their lives for a well paid holiday on an employers expense seems good to me

Haven't people been taking all these kinds of 'leave', including pet leave forever.

The fact that TT want to legitimise it, means it should remain in there with beach/gaming/still drunk from the night before/too cold to get out of bed/sick of work/need to pack for camping this weekend, etc. leave.

Haven't people been taking all these kinds of 'leave', including pet leave forever.

The fact that TT want to legitimise it, means it should remain in there with beach/gaming/still drunk from the night before/too cold to get out of bed/sick of work/need to pack for camping this weekend, etc. leave.

Funny you say this! One of my staff on a Monday chucked a sickie sighting his newborn and girlfriend were sick, and he should stay home. FB status that followed through the day (and I could see them):

About 8am: Working on the car, madly gotta get this thing sorted before its RWC this arvo.

About 11am: Does anyone know....(insert dumb car question here)....???

Lunchtime: MMM....Beers for lunch!

About 4pm: ****3n Mechanic doesnt know $h!t from clay etc!

That Tuesday morning I had his exit interview already printed.

pinkboy:eek:

Yep. Those proposing the idea say that they have pets instead of children, so they should get pet care leave, paid by their employer, to look after their sick pets just like other people have maternity leave and sick leave.

And why not a pet (baby) bonus and free vaccination for our pets and pet daycare ?

These same folk will no doubt be the first and loudest to complain when several thousand jobs disappear in the future due to yet more employer costs which can't be avoided.

I suppose we can all just put up our prices on the products and services we sell to cover it.

or.....maybe next it will be "Upset Muslim's who watch too much youtube" leave
Someone upset my religion with a silly video once.

Oh; hang-on; we didn't get upset by it from memory; we just laughed at it and moved on.

Now....where's my "behead the blasphemer" poster?

Whenever I hear about this sort of cr@p it reminds me of the movie "Life of Brian"....

Back