Paint brand and colour suggestions

It has been 5 years since I last renovated. My preferred colour was Antique White USA. What are the latest IN colours?

I am also in need of help for:

The brand of paint to use, I will be using acrylic.
The undercoat, do I need to go grey with the darker colours?
Best anti mould agent to use?

I will be painting over some deep blues, bright yellows, aquas and apricot colours! The trims are timber which I won't be touching. I will only need to do a couple of ceilings due to mould.

Thanks in advance

Sunshine

*sits in a room painted hog bristle 1/4 strength and nods*

Low ceiling room facing south, or we would have gone darker. The north-facing rooms have full strength and they 'feel' the same colour.

It has been 5 years since I last renovated. My preferred colour was Antique White USA. What are the latest IN colours?
Anything you like

I am also in need of help for:

The brand of paint to use, I will be using acrylic.
Dulux 101 low sheen is a good paint
The undercoat, do I need to go grey with the darker colours?
Usually two coats are fine however three coats if you are not sure
Best anti mould agent to use?
All premium paints have an anti mould added in the factory

I will be painting over some deep blues, bright yellows, aquas and apricot colours! The trims are timber which I won't be touching. I will only need to do a couple of ceilings due to mould.
Hogs Bristle looks good next to timber

Thanks in advance

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine,

My thoughts are that there are literally thousands of colours to choose from so why would you use Hog Bristle? (sorry INVSTOR, no offence!).

I have a number of favs but my final selection always depends on the individual property.

Here are a few to consider:
  • Dulux, White Duck
  • Dulux, Grey Pebble
  • Taubmans, Portland Stone
  • Resene, Akaroa

Maybe talk to a colour consultant to help you select your colours (incl trims/carpets etc.). Much better to spend a few hundred on a qualified designer to get the colours right than blowing your money on 'winging it'!

Hope that helps. Good luck with the reno.

I had a colour consultant do my last PPOR, and have used a variation on the rentals since.

Fair Bianca full strength for walls, skirts. Then fair bianca full strength in an oil based gloss for doors, arcs and windows.

Matchs against timber, greys, whites, browns and yellows. Can work in an older place but doesn't date a modern place. Very flexible although its somewhat of a running joke between me and a few people now.

I just did white on white for the entire place, nice old polished floor boards on their way and similar colour timber like verticals will be going in.
Really lightened the place up , it looks fresh , clean and beachy..( its near the coast so wanted to keep it beachy theme)

Back