Paint Glorious paint!

We use the same paint for walls in all seven properties - Geisha White. It's a Wattyl colour but we typically get it made up by Solver in their trade line paint. Looks brilliant with both warm and cool colours - I love it for its versatility. Plain white for ceilings, doors and trims.

I prefer grey to beige, and I am using Dulux Grey Pebble on the walls and white doors/trims/ceilings etc - Dulux Lexicon Quarter.

It looks really fresh and cool, and its amazing how many colours go with the grey.

Haha. I love the way people say they are being "different" and "lashing out" and are using different shades of beige and white.

I'd love to see you going crazy with colour!!!:eek:

Hills girl- I do like grey pebble. I did look at that for my home.

dtraeger- I'ts a warm grey which is not gloomy at all. There are so many different shades of grey. I like the warm tone greys.

Hmm thinking now. Next house might try something different. :D

I use Vivid White or White on White for ceiling and trims
Hog Bristle Quarter for walls.

I have a preference of taubman's over dulux.... just not a fan of the chalky dulux 101 feel. Much prefer the silky smooth that comes with Taubmans endure or silk.
Taubman's living proof silk is "In my opinion" the best paint on the market,however it is harder to apply where as Dulux 101 is so easy to put on.

Wouldnt grey look a bit gloomy?

Its funny, I find beige a bit gloomy.
'
Its great we all like different things, or else we would put the paint stores out of business if everyone only liked Hogsbristle ;)

I am happy with Grey Pebble so far, we havent finished the house yet, but so far I like it.

Dulux have a new range of colours out. I have just used one of them - Mount Buller half strength - grey tone and turned out well. Apparently grey is the new black when it comes to wall colours.

I want to paint my ppor soon. My house has some greys already (eg kitchen cabinets) so im weary of using any further greys. Maybe if I take a photo you guys will give me some colourful opinions? :p

Taubman's living proof silk is "In my opinion" the best paint on the market,however it is harder to apply where as Dulux 101 is so easy to put on.

Hi Painter, what do you mean by its harder to apply that Dulux 101? Don't both just roll on? (Im a pretty crap painter, so i always go over it multiple times :p, maybe thats why i find both are just as difficult :p)

Apparently grey is the new black when it comes to wall colours.

Grey is not a colour, it's an undercoat.

As an aside, how on earth do they keep thinking up names for colours. Every year a whole bunch more come out.

After reading various viewpoints, I am considering to use ceiling white for ceiling, hog bristle half strength for walls and gloss white (oil based) for doors and trims! Hopefully this combo looks better.

This is my ppor kitchen
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/beg823lsc0qli95/RkyWCImMDR

Cant quite tell in the photo, but the bench is white with stone fleck in it and the cupboards are dark grey. For this reason I dont really want to paint in grey but the hog bristle and white shades mentioned in this thread would be a bit boring.

What other colours would go with this? The ceilings and cornices were painted white as part of the build (I dont know what shade) so im only painting walls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drb8s3o1cvjm47o/house.jpg This is from the front, was thinking of painting the same colour as the render or would that look silly? The garage door is up in that photo but is about the same colour as my kitchen cupboards.

Hi Painter, what do you mean by its harder to apply that Dulux 101? Don't both just roll on? (Im a pretty crap painter, so i always go over it multiple times :p, maybe thats why i find both are just as difficult :p)
Taubmans Living proof silk has teflon in it and it does tend to run a bit,it seems to slide as you roll where as Dulux 101 more solid based.
Use a very fine roller and the finish is amazing.

After reading various viewpoints, I am considering to use ceiling white for ceiling, hog bristle half strength for walls and gloss white (oil based) for doors and trims! Hopefully this combo looks better.
Another thing to consider if you are using white trims,make sure the gloss is the same color as the ceiling color and then gloss your manhole cover and frame.

Taubmans Living proof silk has teflon in it and it does tend to run a bit,it seems to slide as you roll where as Dulux 101 more solid based.
Use a very fine roller and the finish is amazing.

PaInter, speaking of teflon, do you use the tefton coated brushed/rollers??

I've found the Sureline teflon coated brushes to be awsome, they are fairly pricey, but think they are worth investing it..

Back