DULUX to TAUBMANS

Hello all,

Selected a DULUX color (ANTIQUE WHITE USA) and the painter I got uses TAUBMANS.

Whats the equivalent color in TAUBMANS range for both of those colors?

Or it doesnt really matter? Can they color the TAUBMANS paint using the same color choice from DULUX range? Hope I am making sense.

Yes, they can match Dulux colours in Taubmans paints. With some shades (mostly the darker ones) the base is slightly different between brands, so always get a sample made up from the brand you're buying to check the colour.

Our local discount paint place sells Solver and we like Dulux colours so we just get them to tint the Solver paint with Dulux colours.

Slight colour differences aside, its fine as long as you use the same base paint for the whole house, I imagine you'd notice if you did half the house in one brand and half in another brand, even if they were tinted to the same colour. At the very least the sheen of the paint would be slightly different.

My local trade paint place has a 'trade in' scheme for the sample pots, provided that the pot was bought from them in the first place!

At one point I have nearly thirty of the darn things, but as I then bought paint in 10 litre drums, I still haven't managed to trade in all the pots!

I think I'm lucky - my dad owns a Mitre 10 and is a professional painter. No problem getting as many sample pots as I like.

Back