Paint protection on new car

Any thoughts ... is it worth getting X pack protection for added $$ ,, to paint ,carpet ,fabric and vinyl on new Camry I am buying tomorrow ? Thanks

Do what my friend does, I've been meaning to do this but haven't bought new for a while

When they pull you into the sales room to try and sell you paint protection

Stand up, put your hands on your head, and pretend that your lotto numbers have come up but you forgot to buy a ticket

And say

"omg, so are you saying that you are selling me a car who,s paint is going to fade?!?!?!???!?!?!??!?!? Cancel cancel cancel!!! Where do I sign to cancel the contract"

And watch them back off instantly ;)

Total waste of money. It's just another way for them to make money. They offered it to me when I bought my new car in 2008 and it is still shiney now6 years later. I know 6years isn't that old but still wouldn't buy it. And they will try and sell you tinted windows to the darkest legal tint. They said it would cost me $1100, so I said no thanks and got it from a shop as dark as I want for $200

Cars are normally shipped from overseas and can sit for weeks, sometimes months on docks that are exposed to sea salt.

Damage to paint well and truly done before it arrives at a showroom.

First "new" (demo) we bought we got talked into it - never again. Total waste of money IMO.

Get your own tinting, scotchguard the seats if you wish.

It's a complete waste of money, just like interior protection and rust proofing. It's the dealership putting some cream on the top of what could be a fairly lean deal.

Never buy any of these things.

Actually i use to be skeptical of paint protection, but I have to admit is actually worth it... provided you don't get it from the dealer.

The dealer charges $1,000+ for paint protection, then another $1,000 for interior protection.
I've got both my father in law's car and my car done for $600 for the exterior.

Its been a year and my car still shows up very nicely and doesn't need constant washing.

It was applied by this Frank @ Brightshine (http://www.brightshinemobile.com/)
Just realised you're not in Sydney.... so that link is of no use to you.

Cars are normally shipped from overseas and can sit for weeks, sometimes months on docks that are exposed to sea salt.

Damage to paint well and truly done before it arrives at a showroom.

hence why most top end cars are fully paint corrected, detailed, clayed before customer delivery

They want $1450 ,lifetime warranty and includes paint, carpet, fabric and interior vinyl . And yes they did push the window tint ,but will skip that from them.

i always thought it is waste of time.

However, i just bought a new car .. and paid (off market) $450 for tinting,Paint, rust, electric etc proofing..

drive around in area where you are buying a car from. you will find local tinting/detailing shop.. most dealers send their cars there and charge you $$$$.

Spend an hour on the net working out what the dealers use and then spend a half a day and $150 on product and do it your self.

From what i can see it is a clay bar treatment and then too coats of quality wax. I do this to my own car once a year.

you are buying a warranty for any paint damage in the future, in the same way you can get extended manufacturer warranties for mechanical stuff.
thats why the dealers charge a premiuim

Back