Parramatta - Subdividing land vs dual occupancy then subdividing

Hello

Is anyone familiar with the Parramatta council subdivision / dual occupancy rules?

As I understand it, if my land does not qualify for subdivision (total land size 701 sqm, needs to be 550sqm each post subdivision), you can apply for dual occupancy and then subdivide it?

How does this work?
Is there a minimum size for each dual occupancy lot?
Can I just build a project home as the dual occupancy or does it need to be attached to the existing property?

Is anyone familiar with the Parramatta council subdivision / dual occupancy rules?
Yes, somewhat.

As I understand it, if my land does not qualify for subdivision (total land size 701 sqm, needs to be 550sqm each post subdivision),
550m2 needs to be the minimum size post sub-division AND 15m frontage to start with which means you need an 1,100m2 block to start.

you can apply for dual occupancy and then subdivide it?
Yes. Try to split it straight down the middle or as close to the middle as possible.

How does this work?
It is a strata sub-division (but with no Body Corporate). #46 becomes 1/46 & 2/46 for example.

Is there a minimum size for each dual occupancy lot?
Probably.....ring council and they will tell you. Or talk to a Town Planner. Or read the council's website.

What he said ^^^^^^

Under the LEP or DCP there will is generally a minimum lot size for the creation of attached and detached dual occupancies.

It would be done as a strata subdivision rather than a torrens subdivision.

Back