Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Twice a day

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Three times a day

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I go once every two or three days

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
I know it's a bit of a personal questions but how many times do you have bowel movements a day? If not a day then how often during the week?

Just doing some research on most people.

Just curious as to whether you ask your friends and workmates the same sorts of Q, and what do you hope to achieve by knowing how often one has bowel motions :rolleyes:.

Just curious as to whether you ask your friends and workmates the same sorts of Q, and what do you hope to achieve by knowing how often one has bowel motions :rolleyes:.

Yep, and what is good and what is bad? I don't exactly have a great diet, I eat a lot of crap and drink too much grog, but I'm once a day, regular. Is that good or not? If I improved my diet what would happen?

See ya's.

Love the optimism in this thread, considering colon cancer is the leading cause of many deaths in this country.

Yep, and what is good and what is bad? I don't exactly have a great diet, I eat a lot of crap and drink too much grog, but I'm once a day, regular. Is that good or not? If I improved my diet what would happen?

See ya's.

You will notice a massive difference in health once you start going at least twice a day.

Basically, the more bowel movements per day, the less bad cholesterol gets re-absorbed (so you avoid heart disease and weight gain) and the toxins are more easily excreted out of your system. A colon is not a freezer where things just sit until it's time, its a living organ.
The more junk you eat (and less fiber), the less bowel movements you have which leads to constipation, toxic, putrid build up where feces are literally rotting away inside your colon so the bigger chance of heart disease and cancer.

Death begins in the colon.

One time, I decided to ditch my usual diet and eat nice wholegrain sandwiches and other super-healthy fibre rich stuff for a bit. Because everyone said it was what you were supposed to do.

It was awful. I turned into a hideous constipated mess and couldn't keep the 'diet' up for very long at all. Also eating rabbit food makes you hungry and I don't like being hungry.

Promptly went back to my usual low fibre not-very-low-fat diet and was back to being regular as clockwork and not hungry :)

I'm scarred for life from that experience and you'll never catch me eating that much fibre again under any circumstances, no matter what anyone says, colon cancer risks be damned.

One time, I decided to ditch my usual diet and eat nice wholegrain sandwiches and other super-healthy fibre rich stuff for a bit. Because everyone said it was what you were supposed to do.

It was awful. I turned into a hideous constipated mess and couldn't keep the 'diet' up for very long at all. Also eating rabbit food makes you hungry and I don't like being hungry.

Promptly went back to my usual low fibre not-very-low-fat diet and was back to being regular as clockwork and not hungry :)

I'm scarred for life from that experience and you'll never catch me eating that much fibre again under any circumstances, no matter what anyone says, colon cancer risks be damned.
Did you get enough fluids and good oils like omega 3s?

I suggest you try oats for breakfast every morning... that stuff is magic :)
And off course lots of vegetables and fruit, nature's fiber.
Wholegrain sandwiches is just white bread with grains added, you are much better off going for wholemeal. Your own fault :p

This was at least 15 years ago. I don't think Omega 3 was even invented back then. The main thing I changed was swapping my hot chips and gravy for a wholesomething (I just know it wasn't white) salad sandwich bristling with vegetables. And it was overwhelmingly a very negative experience, which as you see has made me avoid wholesomething salad sandwiches for 15+ years. I avoid bread at the best of times, so when I do have it is the whitest of white white bread.

Also hot chips with gravy are tastier, cheaper and MUCH more filling than salad sandwiches :p

I haven't had hot chips and gravy for years come to think of it, now I'm getting an urge and its pushing 10pm so I'm kinda out of luck there. Don't even have potatoes in the house.

Now I'm hungry ... not that this is exactly unusual, I eat rather a lot ...

Every 2-3 days for me. I've been vegetarian for 17 years. Eat a decent amount of fibre, wholemeal bread etc. It's always been that way. I asked the doctor once if I should be concerned as most people go once a day and she said I should only worry if it changes from what's 'normal' for me.

Having said all that I had 24 hour virus on the weekend and went 16 times in a day then 5 times the next day. That was rather awful.

Hi all

We are all different i guess but i find that eating the mainstream promoted type diets do not agree with me. When i eat breads, salads, rice pasta etc i sometimes have not used the loo for a week.

When i low carb i feel alot better and things start to move. Not much fibre when i eat like this so go figure.

Regards
SG

The more junk you eat (and less fiber), the less bowel movements you have which leads to constipation, toxic, putrid build up where feces are literally rotting away inside your colon so the bigger chance of heart disease and cancer.

Death begins in the colon.

I get it now.

Most health messages are of two sorts....either you do this and good things will happen to you (optimism), or you do this and bad things will happen to you (put the fear of God into you).

I'm getting the strong feeling this thread is about to fall into the latter category.

Your concern for complete strangers is overwhelming. I'm sure you have your motivations for starting threads like this.....

To be frank, when I first read it, I was surprised to see the Mods let this level of medical intrusion be on a public property investors board. Not quite sure, but I don't think Ian and Jan quite envisioned this type of question being entertained when they set the forum up.

You will notice a massive difference in health once you start going at least twice a day.

Here I was thinking you were anal-retentive, Index. Turns out you're anal-expulsive.

Being so neurotic and paranoid can't be good for your health. New Age obsessives often keel over and die during coffee enemas. It's the leading cause of death, you know. If you question my factoid, I shall merely pose to you an inordinate amount of questions.

Reactions: weg
We are all different i guess but i find that eating the mainstream promoted type diets do not agree with me. When i eat breads, salads, rice pasta etc i sometimes have not used the loo for a week.

When i low carb i feel alot better and things start to move. Not much fibre when i eat like this so go figure.
I'm going to sit with you in the low-fibre corner for moral support, since I'm the same lol

Back