Perth and Peel DD

went to the breakfast on Thursday where they presented the findings of the 'housing we'd choose' study - key findings:
- people prefer detached houses close to amenities (schools, transport etc)
- some people are forced to the outer areas due to affordability issues
- some people trade-off a detached house on large land for semi-detached in better location..
I'm sure there were more but I tuned out after these revolutionary findings..

That said I haven't gone through the document so I would expect there's some better findings in there.

The Department of Planning is also preparing a sub-regional strategy for the perth and peel regions which will build on Directions 2031 - THAT will be worth keeping an eye out for at the end of the year

I thought something that was interesting was the fact that 26% of those surveyed were wanting alternative building materials - as opposed to the Perth double brick classic.

I thought something that was interesting was the fact that 26% of those surveyed were wanting alternative building materials - as opposed to the Perth double brick classic.

I think we are the only State in Oz that still builds double brick homes, the cost is crazy/stupid so I really don't understand what is the love affair with this structure, perhaps we need to move with the times.

Thanks for posting this I also found it very interesting.

So the sweet spot is 3 bedrooms.

No surprise, McMansions are out, this was a prediction made by many gurus years ago.

Apartments not that popular, I think this may change in the near future.

I think we are the only State in Oz that still builds double brick homes, the cost is crazy/stupid

what makes you say that? the volume they pump out means it's about the same as other construction types from what I have seen.

Back