Perth Demolition Contractor

I used

Mini Diggers

Terena 0438 331 778

Jason 0438 331 779

They did a very good job, left the site clean and level

If you are demolishing a house which has any value - ie good floorboards etc then go to a salvage yard who might be able to give you a better price

Thanks! I will give them a call on Monday. So far the quotes have been pretty high...15-20k.

I've got a mate who's happy to do it and I can project manage it to save costs. I just need to make sure he has insurance and that's it? Does the contractor need a licence to demolish homes?

I'd be applying for services disconnection and demo permit from council and permission from bank (and subsequently drop the building insurance policy).

Any thoughts on this?

edit: looks like he needs a licence, and an asbestos removal licence, none of which are cheap :(

Thanks! I will give them a call on Monday. So far the quotes have been pretty high...15-20k.

I've got a mate who's happy to do it and I can project manage it to save costs. I just need to make sure he has insurance and that's it? Does the contractor need a licence to demolish homes?

I'd be applying for services disconnection and demo permit from council and permission from bank (and subsequently drop the building insurance policy).

Any thoughts on this?

edit: looks like he needs a licence, and an asbestos removal licence, none of which are cheap :(

$15K to $20K is about the going rate at the moment, so i wouldn't be too worried with that quote.

Boods

Jag Demolition in Wangara seem to get a lot of work around our area(Belmont), they demolished next door's house for $13.5K.

It seems quotes vary and also what they include varies also.

How deep does the block need to be raked to? Is 500mm enough?

Has anyone paid for demolition of an asbestos house recently in Perth and can give me rough estimate of the cost?

The house is a 2 bed house (prob 60 years old) located in Midland. It has easy access since its located 4m off the main road on a level block.

Has anyone paid for demolition of an asbestos house recently in Perth and can give me rough estimate of the cost?

The house is a 2 bed house (prob 60 years old) located in Midland. It has easy access since its located 4m off the main road on a level block.

I made a lot of enquiries, most quotes were 15-20k with a few outliers on the right side.

I paid $12,500 +GST but that was June 2011

Hi Myf
I am just running some numbers my builder has allowed $18,000.

Did they remove trees and roots, old septics. Did you have any asbestos on the property, fence etc.

I was told it will cost more if it is not completed correctly. I will get something from him in writing as to exactly what needs to go etc.
Who did you use for this.

I am currently looking at the big ticket items for my development.

Thanks,
MTR

stand and watch them do the job. apart from being a lot fun, they will bury the stuff in the ground as soon as you go off for a chiko roll

Things to watch out for are asbestos, size of dwelling and out buildings (garage bungalow etc) and the external cladding material.

With demolition just make sure they don't hide concrete or bricks in the soil. It's very common. Your builder will hit you with a variation for site costs guaranteed!

Also make sure they look inside your property for the quote. Some are lazy, in Melbourne anyway. And agree on a fixed price.

Hang on there's more. Take photos of the neighbouring fences and any structures nearby. Also take photos of the footpath. Do this before and after demolition.

Oscar

I was going to suggest, Somersoft meet in Perth, you provide the beer and rent in some Bobcats for a weekend :)

I've been told by a few that 10-15K is the range with asbestos removal. I'm not sure if that included septics though but I know it did include trees etc.

Back