PERTH INVESTORS - Buy, small reno and hold - 15 k from Perth city

I was going to say 201 sqm but it's 211 m2. You would need a clever design to maximise that space. Money I don't have :mad:

http://reiwa.com.au/Real-Estate/Perth-Metropolitan/3422683

It's not rocket science. You could plonk a $200k 3 x 2 single storey on on it if you really wanted to and it would rent for $550 a week. $500k for $550pw is a much better deal.

It doesn't have to be anything special to get a good rental - check out this rental
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-wa-maylands-412173151

Tiny tiny tiny, and yet in Belmont you can't slice off a mere 211 off your 850sqm block and sell it off - you have to slice off 450sqm - go figure??!!

Tiny tiny tiny, and yet in Belmont you can't slice off a mere 211 off your 850sqm block and sell it off - you have to slice off 450sqm - go figure??!!

It's all about density, distance to amenities and infrastructure capabilities. The closer you are to a Local Activity Centre or CBD the higher density you can go.

I know you are off developing now but 211 is not small. Small is what I do - 3 apartments on 249sqm and 4 houses on 550sqm. 200-220 is practically a million R40 blocks in Perth which have perfectly fine 3 x 2s on them which rent well and sell well.

450 is only for R20. Even then the min is 350. There is lots of R40 in Belmont too.. minimum lot size 180 remember.

Bellevue - houses in proposed rezoning

You can buy in the 4's houses on large blocks in streets with proposed rezoning.

What do people think?

It's not rocket science. You could plonk a $200k 3 x 2 single storey on on it if you really wanted to and it would rent for $550 a week. $500k for $550pw is a much better deal.

It doesn't have to be anything special to get a good rental - check out this rental
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-villa-wa-maylands-412173151

Two problems: 1) I want a PPoR, which is not a 200k 3x2 special. 2) I would not disrespect a site like that with a house like that.

--- but I would on this block: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-kewdale-200785791

300m2 is spacious. :p

Think i will, I feel comfortable with C of Swan area, maybe because it's just down the road from me, and i like Guildford, Midland is being developed, though it's a really vile area still.

Those Kewdale blocks, you could put a 4 x2 on them?

Think i will, I feel comfortable with C of Swan area, maybe because it's just down the road from me, and i like Guildford, Midland is being developed, though it's a really vile area still.

Those Kewdale blocks, you could put a 4 x2 on them?
I would not buy a 300 sqm block in Kewdale for my PPoR. I was just saying that if I was going to violate a block with a cheap 3x2 I would rather do that to the Kewdale block than the Maylands block.. which I quite like.

you may as well live in a new apt or townhouse than in a house behind a house on a weenie block. You seriously don't want Bogan Forum as your local shipping haunt at this stage, it's not pretty.

I am still very much thinking what i like not what the market demands. I like space ... I have to stop thinking this way. I would never live in a ear lot battle axe on 211sqm.

Think I'll buy this in Kelmscott - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-kelmscott-115511199

raze the house, fill in the pond, rip out the tennis court and subdivide and develop the lot. Wonder if they'll let me do 10 storey boxes of people - hundreds of them. :p

I'd never live in any of my houses but they still have many features that are better than my own - I love my space.
Yup you have to disengage your PPOR goggles and put on IP goggles which are purely value vs cost.

I'd never live in any of my houses but they still have many features that are better than my own - I love my space.
Yup you have to disengage your PPOR goggles and put on IP goggles which are purely value vs cost.

i get the feeling nigel satterley isnt going to leave his $20m peppy grove home and move to a cottage block in butler either

tulamalula - what you like is almost entirely irrelevant, what the market wants is a lot more important

My Midland IP has over tripled in value...its not an area I would choose to live but its the underlying fundamentals that determines potential CG.

Last edited:
No multi s on existing stratas unless yoh dissolve the strata and apply for greens or redo with vacant and built.

Good yields for townhouses at the minute. 3x3s and 4x4s doing well.

But you got in in 2001? Pre MRA and pre Paul Nuttall.

I purchased in 2000 because it ticked my 4 flag criteria boxes ie Govt, Commercial, Retail & Private sectors all injecting money into the area.

The MRA had just been formed with $300M allocated by the Govt.

Back