Perth property listings - under 9,000

I think idealistic locations such as south west/Margaret River etc. these work well and sell well, but the Perth mindset is still not grabbing I don't believe.

This will make you laugh, I am paying 540K building costs for 4 townhouses in Melb, yes, that's right, not double brick of course, they don't care, and having a double garage that is a gift, single carport will do. We are too fussy here, I think its going to take another 20 years at this rate for Perthians to get over it.

honestly i think a lot of people are ready to move on. at the top end maybe not becaused the moneyed set are usually the most conservative, barring some exceptions of course.

i think with younger buyers theyre more open to it. a friend sold some townhouses recently made from hebel that were built 5 or 6 years ago. he was very nervous about buyers not liking the lack of brick but in the end not a single one mentioned it.

buyers of course have a lot to do with it but so do us lazy developers

honestly i think a lot of people are ready to move on. at the top end maybe not becaused the moneyed set are usually the most conservative, barring some exceptions of course.

i think with younger buyers theyre more open to it. a friend sold some townhouses recently made from hebel that were built 5 or 6 years ago. he was very nervous about buyers not liking the lack of brick but in the end not a single one mentioned it.

buyers of course have a lot to do with it but so do us lazy developers

Baby Highgate will be half double brick, half timber framed. I'm not a double brick addict and as I'm keeping them as an investment I'm happy for it.

Ground floor is double brick, middle floor is half double brick and half timber framed, top floor is all timber frame.

A owner/builder house down the road from us has recently gone up with internal steel framed walls, it was interesting to watch it progress.

They set up a number of shade areas for the workers and even an astro-turf pathway in and out :)

And your pockets deep! Can you share with us what that North Perth property cost you? PMs are fine if you wish. Just curious. Sorry for being a stickybeak.

Good luck with the development. You have nerves of vanadium enriched steel.

It had been on market for around 50 days at $1-1.2 but I didn't offer until they changed listing to from $999. I paid $50k more than that.

It's an unusual site for the area as it's quite large at 788sqm but there weren't many that wanted a large family home site it seems so they didn't get the higher $ interest.

City of Vincent are about to vote on their new Town Planning scheme (was scheduled for this month) and there is a small zoning increase for this block in that :)

This one won't see much action for 12mths as I'll rent it out and do some DA work in the background.

back to topic.
just me or is perth REAL quiet? only a handful of new listings across a dozen mid to high price suburbs I'm looking at this week.

It had been on market for around 50 days at $1-1.2 but I didn't offer until they changed listing to from $999. I paid $50k more than that.

It's an unusual site for the area as it's quite large at 788sqm but there weren't many that wanted a large family home site it seems so they didn't get the higher $ interest.

City of Vincent are about to vote on their new Town Planning scheme (was scheduled for this month) and there is a small zoning increase for this block in that :)

This one won't see much action for 12mths as I'll rent it out and do some DA work in the background.

Congrats WM, geez you been a busy tigress.

Please tell me you're keeping the inter-war bungalow....not many left in that condition.

Ummmmmm nope not keeping it. I'm going to be one of "those" people who destroy history.

The only original thing left about it is the facade everything else has had work done in the 70s or as part of the extension in the 2000s

Last edited:
Back