Perth property listings - under 9,000

im guessing maylands. there are soooooo many potential things that could go wrong with that one site

Agreed...if it is the same one I'm thinking of.
No access allowed from Woodhouse Road.
Only conditional subdivision approval granted at this stage.
Water table close to surface.
Peat and possible acid sulphate issues.
Access not wide enough past existing dwelling from Kirkham Hill Tce to enable for it to be developed to its full potential density.
Difficult orientation for solar passive/energy efficient design...

the list goes on...
obviously the reason the asking price is only $1mil.

...or, I could be talking about the wrong site!:eek::D

Boods

Agreed...if it is the same one I'm thinking of.
No access allowed from Woodhouse Road.
Only conditional subdivision approval granted at this stage.
Water table close to surface.
Peat and possible acid sulphate issues.
Access not wide enough past existing dwelling from Kirkham Hill Tce to enable for it to be developed to its full potential density.
Difficult orientation for solar passive/energy efficient design...

the list goes on...
obviously the reason the asking price is only $1mil.

...or, I could be talking about the wrong site!:eek::D

Boods

Definitely the same site.

You forgot to mention the fact that subdivision being undertaken by a council of owners who have never done it before

Definitely the same site.

You forgot to mention the fact that subdivision being undertaken by a council of owners who have never done it before

Leads to the question why this lot has 6 strata properties on the lot already and not more, why wasn't the entire lot developed at the time of the first six?

Might be some issues someone's not letting slip.

Down in Cockburn WA and the new suburbs are not doing too badly. One property down the street got sold two weeks before auction day. another one just one street away got sold after the first home open.

not exactly sure the sellers got the price they wanted but its been a while since properties go quick. maybe the prospect of the aubin grove train station is playing a part.

drove past the main street on the way home and two more got the sticker sold on the board this week. the 2-storey house is the only one in the market on the main street for sale now.

Thanks Hotrod and Deltaberry for the feedback.

Next Question - what is it the is making people buy now and in such a frenzy?

I get that investors would have / are snapping up deals but

Do people all of a sudden want a PPOR?

Thanks Hotrod and Deltaberry for the feedback.

Next Question - what is it the is making people buy now and in such a frenzy?

I get that investors would have / are snapping up deals but

Do people all of a sudden want a PPOR?

They all need a roof over their heads - either a PPOR or a rental. Low rates coupled with 1500 coming into the state each week the competition becomes more intense to secure a place ahead of someone else. This drives the sales & rental markets. Some people want own a property and some people never want to own a property, electing to always rent. As weekly rents increase there comes a time where its cheaper to pay a mortgage than rent. People bail out of the rental market and then put upward pressure on the sales markets.

Last edited:
I Thiiiiink it's safe to say we secured our place last night. Not settled yet but all conditions cleared, particularly the creative finance.

A large-ish 4x2 in Clarkson. (Where else?)

A quick thanks to anyone reading who happened to help and give advice.

I Thiiiiink it's safe to say we secured our place last night. Not settled yet but all conditions cleared, particularly the creative finance.

Well done, can you share what you mean by creative finance?:)

Well done, can you share what you mean by creative finance?:)

Nothing Exciting,

Borrowing 105% with a parental guarantee, with a 2nd mortgage behind a credit society.

I'm also a contractor so my pay rate is reasonable but inconsistent.

Well I did say it was creative.

I'm just glad I had a great broker and he didn't get bored of me emailing him every 5.

The most creative thing was getting my dad to use a scanner AND email.

Good news Jake! It will be a relief for you to be out of house hunting for awhile. Next stop - IP!!

Good news Jake! It will be a relief for you to be out of house hunting for awhile. Next stop - IP!!

I'm quite happy to not be contending with the rest of Perth for the diminishing stock.

Next stop will be getting my LVR somewhere better than 105%. Then IP2.

I'm quite happy to not be contending with the rest of Perth for the diminishing stock.

I'd say you'll be benefitting from some capital growth thanks to the rising prices so that LVR can get to a less astronomical height

Kudos to Rolf for making the $$$ happen.

Hi Jake

How do you think the capital growth will go in Clarkson and immediate surrounds (merriwa/ridgewood) over the next few years?

I was looking at past sale records today for some places in merriwa and clarkson and was surprised to see that many who bought around 2006 - 2008 are now selling for prices slightly below or just equal to what they paid then.

Perhaps they bought in a boom? Or just that the area is good for rental but maybe flatter in cap growth.

I live nearby, since a couple years back, just curious.

All the best

Ta

Hi Jake

How do you think the capital growth will go in Clarkson and immediate surrounds (merriwa/ridgewood) over the next few years?

I was looking at past sale records today for some places in merriwa and clarkson and was surprised to see that many who bought around 2006 - 2008 are now selling for prices slightly below or just equal to what they paid then.

Perhaps they bought in a boom? Or just that the area is good for rental but maybe flatter in cap growth.

I live nearby, since a couple years back, just curious.

All the best

Ta

I don't know anything about anything but
It's been flat for so long it must be due for some growth.

Not really a factor for me in this case as its PPOR, any growth wil just mean I don't have to pay my way to a better LVR.

Back