Perth property listings - under 9,000

I went to check out some display homes at Caversham a couple of weeks ago to get some ideas. The estate had sold out of land, 25k's from city. They purchased a block of adjoining land that will be sub-divided later in the year. They couldn't sell the land as they don't have titles. I stuck my name on one as reserved in case it is perceived as good value when titles come through. I have seen better opportunities so far though.

I has a quick look at Bennett Springs about 2 months ago (17km from Perth), its a winner, everything gets snapped up and prices keep rising, everything under offer, a very good sign. Not sure how much land is left in this area??

Taxes 40pc of new home cost

There's always this as well, don't hold your breath waiting for reductions here though, or bother arguing GST was to replace some other taxes :D

Home builders are being swamped by government taxes and fees with research showing more than 40 per cent of the average new house price goes into local, State and Federal government coffers.

A study commissioned by Australia's biggest residential building organisation, the Housing Industry Association, estimates taxes, charges, fees and levies make up 41 per cent of the purchase price for an average new home in Perth.

According to the study, given the average house and land package in Perth of $555,000, new homebuyers would have to pay more than $225,000 in tax and other government imposts.

HIA WA executive director John Dastlik said taxes from all three tiers of government were the biggest issue contributing to housing affordability problems in Perth.

"As well as inflating the purchase price of a home, these taxes become built into a mortgage and add hundreds of thousands of dollars in interest to the life of a loan. It's a double whammy for homeowners."

The report, which compared eight Australian cities, found Perth ranked second behind Sydney where taxes and levies contributed 44 per cent to the price of a new house. In Brisbane and Melbourne the figure was 38 per cent

Cont...

Taxes 40pc of new home cost

I has a quick look at Bennett Springs about 2 months ago (17km from Perth), its a winner, everything gets snapped up and prices keep rising, everything under offer, a very good sign. Not sure how much land is left in this area??

Not much land undeveloped in Bennett Springs. Their is some big blocks/acreage on the market for over a million $ . The high voltage power lines is its downfall.

Not much land undeveloped in Bennett Springs. Their is some big blocks/acreage on the market for over a million $ . The high voltage power lines is its downfall.

So what is the attraction, why does everything fly out the door in this area, its got me stumped??

Last edited:
Price, proximity to city and people are attracted to "new". They buy and then say, "I didn't realise they had high voltage power lines across the estate." I visited the park when it was all new to get a feel for area as was thinking of purchasing. Two people said that to me and it does concern them. Have heard other people say it also. I still think the acreage blocks would be OK though.

Lets get back to the topic...... Perth listings and our hot market.:)

Is it all of Perth thats hot? Or just those areas that are developable zone or possibly changing.

Is there a approx radius that is good? How far are most willing to travel? Is the market down south and east say 40mins from CBD still good?

http://m.perthnow.com.au/business/c...ames-price-point/story-fnhohek5-1226618536271

The irony is the high house prices you people want to maintain is part of the reason wages need to be so high and part of the reason again that these projects are no longer viable ;)

yeh if I hear one more whinge from some unqualified fifo worker on $200k+ a year about the price of a cup of coffee and how cheap the food is in bali I will bash my head against the wall

tho i think your argument has put the cart before the horse.

and....more!

http://www.news.com.au/business/surprise-leap-in-jobless-numbers/story-e6frfm1i-1226618112902

why anyone would consider investing in this mining towns with their rediculous prices defies belief - its unsustainable.

That's funny. :D

I've been told that year in and year out all my time I've been investing up there and yet the sun still shines and red stuff still gets dug out of deep holes.

Every year I've been investing the prices have been ridiculous but now they are even more so. :cool:

That's funny. :D

I've been told that year in and year out all my time I've been investing up there and yet the sun still shines and red stuff still gets dug out of deep holes.

Every year I've been investing the prices have been ridiculous but now they are even more so. :cool:

Yes I know ..... you keep rubbing salt into my wounds:p
Was too chicken to jump in years ago and still am

This weeks stats

Less than 8000!! far out brussel sprout!!

From Reiwa:

After a fall of 35% last week due to the Easter break, total sales have rebounded back up to 1,017 showing a 46% increase. All sectors saw an increase this week with reported house sales up 48%, multi-residential up 20% and land up 64%. Listings continue to decline with this week’s totals down 4.5% with units showing the biggest drop of 4.9% followed by houses at 4.7% then land down 3.7%. Similarly, rental listings are down nearly 6% this week to levels seen in early March 2013.

164625_10151533569333750_2034485533_n.jpg

Last edited:
From Reiwa:

164625_10151533569333750_2034485533_n.jpg

Interesting to see Butler top of the north of the river sales last week. I've been told by an owner of a real estate office in the area they cannot get enough stock to sell and prices are up about 10% from where they were 6 months ago. Also rentals have 15 plus groups to each open home so rents are rising fast to.

So right now everyone is wanting to buy and listings are down which makes the market very competitive, does this means its also good to be looking in other areas of australia instead. and is there a typical length of time that these conditions last until it again becomes a buyers market. i wish i had a bigger portfolio right now :(

So right now everyone is wanting to buy and listings are down which makes the market very competitive, does this means its also good to be looking in other areas of australia instead. and is there a typical length of time that these conditions last until it again becomes a buyers market. i wish i had a bigger portfolio right now :(

Yup it might be time to look outside but that doesn't mean that there won't be deals still to be found - they just will be harder.

For deve sites the price is frankly quite ridiculous when you do sales pricing based on today's market. Some buyers will be praying that their values go up during construction, some will be holding until its more viable to construct and some will be idiots and not know what they are doing but think it must be a winner as everyone else is doing it.

Crystal ball time. I think the past 12mths has been the beginning of the upturn. Traditionally that would mean beginning of a 7 year cycle but the GFC spun that one around. I'd hope we are looking for an upswing of 3-5 yrs.

Back