pessimistic sods

Haven't been on the forum for ages but seems the same topics come up :)

I don't think you should get yourself new friends, but try to save investment talk with those who are interested.

For example, I don't talk to my childless friends about how many times my baby poops - I save that for my mothers group :)

For example, I don't talk to my childless friends about how many times my baby poops - I save that for my mothers group :)

LOL! I don't mean to offend, but does anyone really care how much someone else's baby poops? I don't think I ever mentioned that to anyone when mine were babies.:confused:

Good point, babies don't interest me in the slightest, but I'm not going to ditch my friends who have them just because I have a different opinion to them. I simply hope they don't talk to me for hours about their kids, just as anti-property friends probably don't want you talking to them for hours about investing in property. :)

Oh I can guarentee that baby poo is definitely a topic of conversation with a couple of groups of friends I have. Strangely enough these same groups are also the ones I discuss property and investing with. :D

Is your friend negative about everything, or just investing?
He may have depression?
You and your friend may be drifting apart.It happens.

I heard something once and it always stuck with me.
Someone had ran into an old friend after 15 years. They tried to carry on a converstaion, and eventually parted. Talking to her partner later that day, she felt sad.There didn't seem to be any connection anymore, as they have been friends for 15 years.
Her partner said "No, 15 years ago, you used to be friends"

Yes Mortza and gg1965, I'm happy to meet up for coffee or a drink, no problem. I reckon we could all learn from each other and enjoy the converstion and support !!! My partner is a darling who is very supportive, but he's just not that interested in the nuts and bolts of proerty investment so I could definitely do with some positive property-supportive friends. Pls PM me if you like.

And in 10 years when you are a retired millionaire and he still has to go to work everyday to pay off his mortgage he will tell you how "lucky" you are.

Back