Peter Spann's new book title

Can an average joe accumulate a networth of $10million in 10 years?

• Yes, anyone can do if they put their mind to it

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Possible for some, but very few and only if they work like dogs towards it

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • No, its misleading and dangerous to suggest it can be done.

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
De Ja (how do you spell it?) Vou

bonecrusher said:
Do you feel that with all the wealth you have now you may lose touch with what people are trying to achieve?
Mmm, this question seems strangely familiar…

I take your point that $10 million in property seems like a lot to most people but the point of the book is to point out that in reality it isn’t and is achievable by just about anyone. Maybe I didn’t make my point well enough (suffering failure as an author syndrome with you!).

I do not believe I have lost touch – our clients (who I work with every day) fit your profile exactly - in fact many of my clients seem to be doing far MORE than I ever did at their stages which should lead them to becoming even more successful than me.

You also have to take my strategies in context that I do not only advocate property. We have our clients invest in a multitude of different asset classes and vehicles to “speed” their wealth creation.

I understand many of your points but don’t think it’s necessary to respond to them line by line (unless you really want me to). People do a lot of silly things to themselves out of fear but I can only address them by encouraging them to take action. And then if they don’t get it right take more action until they do.

Continuous forward movement – momentum – is critical to me. Momentum with a good strategy will inevitably lead to success, and at least if you are going to fail momentum will tell you sooner so you are not waiting your time on a loser strategy.

But if your question is what I think it is, ie how do I create an income stream of $50,000 PA in 20 years time – that’s easy (if a little under ambitious)...

To do that you need $500,000 in today’s money or about $1.5million in 20 years.

As you point out most people already have equity in their home and they are determined to pay it off. Personally I don’t know why you’d bother – seems lot of work to me but if they do that’s OK – in 20 years they’ll own their home outright, but that’s not going to get them far.

The strategy I would use is exactly as I have laid out in my book.

Use that equity to buy a property or two. Wait until the equity in it grows. Doesn’t matter if that is next week (as it has been over the last few years) or next year or in a few years (as it probably will be over the next few). When the equity goes up draw down again to buy more.

Subsidise the cash flow negative part (if you are following my strategies) by cash flow positive investments such as Commercial Property Trusts so the servicing costs are zero. If you prefer to follow Steve’s cash flow positive route that’s fine too. I think my strategy would get you there quicker, many would argue that the CF+ route would get you there easier – you choose.

Property grows at about 8% PA on average but does not grow consistently (that is pointed out in the book) like some people would have you believe.

Let’s say their house is worth $400,000.

Most of our clients can afford 3 (negatively geared) $250,000 to $300,000 investment properties straight off. Let’s make that $1,000,000 flat.

8% PA means a doubling every ten years or so. That’s $2,000,000 after 10 years, $4,000,000 after 20 years for the investment properties.

Yee Ha! $3,000,000 worth of equity. Sell it all up, pay back the loans (including the $400,000 for the house and you have $2,600,000 to invest. The house is now worth $1,600,000 and you own it outright. Beautiful.

Take the $2,600,000 and invest it in a diversified portfolio of higher yield investments like shares, managed funds, commercial property trusts and so on through a tax protected vehicle. Let’s say all that averages 9% yield (higher during the share and cash cycles, a bit lower during the property cycles). That’s $234,000 in cash rolling in PA. Tax on that would be 30% in today’s laws, so you’d have $163,800 net, so we are in front of our target.

Once of the best exercises I get my clients to do is just to sit down and project out into the future what their current assets would be worth in 10, 20 or 30 years, just based on averages. Most of the time it makes them much calmer about their future and less worried.

And a not worried client is not a greedy client. And when they aren’t being greedy they don’t do stupid things.

Greed to me is simply doing too much, too soon with too little skill in an effort to get too much money.

Other than that – why not go for it?

Maybe, maybe not!

Porscha said:
Do you offer free consultation for the first visit in person?
Only if you are particularly good looking! :D

But if you are seriously interested than any of our Customer Service team can help.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg!

Porscha said:
I know this is an off the track question but what is your personal opinion on property investors who wish to further branch out into the field of property development as novices, within the residential category?
I think the thread has been off track for a while but then again I am a 4 WD fan.

Property Developing is not for the feint hearted and property developing in the current market is only (In my opinion) for the experienced or well healed.

The problem is that the builders have all been too busy and so it either costs you a fortune to build or the time to build drags on to the point where the holding costs get out of hand.

I'd be waiting until the next cycle if I were you.

On the other hand if you CAN afford to hold your development until the next cycle if you can not sell them then now may be a good time to start - you DO have to start somewhere and my guess is there are going to be some good builders who may be prepared to do work fast and cheap for the next few years to keep their crews going and the cash flowing.

It's MUCH harder than it looks to do a quality development AND make money.

Peter Spann said:
I think the confusion may have come about because this is actually a very old topic that has been kept at the top of the list by the continued discussion in the thread. People noticing it for the first time have come in to answer the original question but the topic has changed considerably since then.

Yes I see.

Peter, I haven't read your books, but from some of the questions I gather you proposed at some stage a target of 10m and there was some interesting people questioning the feasibility of such target by the "average" person or "anyone".

When I am the first to say that anyone can be successful, meaning that it is not necessary to have old money, rich uncles or being friends with the PM, wouldn't you say that the average person that sets a goal of 10millions, and embarks on the journey to achievement, with all the implications that brings, simply ceases to be an average person?

In fact a person that reads a book is already not an average person, let alone someone who has the courage to set a goal that would make him the laughing stock of his friends, who would tell him to be realistic :)

Would you agree that success in any form is available to the average person providing such person accepts to cease being an average person?

I Pick Marc1 on my team too!

marc1 said:
Would you agree that success in any form is available to the average person providing such person accepts to cease being an average person?
That's the best summation I have heard since this thread began (not being one for brevity myself)...

BRAVO!

I've just finished reading your latest book Peter. Excellent read! :)

This is totally unrelated to the original question (like everything else in this thread i guess :) ) but i was wondering what your thoughts are on renting as opposed to buying your PPOR.

Ive only started on my investing journey in the last year, purchased a house for 300k. Im 22 now and im looking to move out of the nest soon, do you think it would be a wise choice to put all my income into the kind of income producing growth assets outlined in your book while renting or would it be better to buy your PPOR first, pay that down, then start investing. Keep in mind im in Sydney where its hard to find much below 350k. What exactly did you do while you were frantically buying?

I dont think my sweetheart would approve of us moving into a condemmed house with 18 other people so that option is out!!! hehehe.

cheers.

Tom

Tax wise, your better off investing and renting. Though many people have a certain thing about having a PPOR in their name.

Hi all,

Peter in your answer to Bonecrusher, you have made several broad assumptions. One being inflation at around 5.6% pa while property growth continues at 8% pa.

Question? Do you assume yields are going to continue to fall? Why?

What assumptions do you make regarding interest rates over the next 20 years??

Thanks

bye

Hi Peter

Thanks for that response i have added some further dialogue

I take your point that $10 million in property seems like a lot to most people but the point of the book is to point out that in reality it isn’t and is achievable by just about anyone. Maybe I didn’t make my point well enough (suffering failure as an author syndrome with you!).

I do not believe I have lost touch – our clients (who I work with every day) fit your profile exactly - in fact many of my clients seem to be doing far MORE than I ever did at their stages which should lead them to becoming even more successful than me.
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Great to hear. Please don't take the lost touch as comment in bad taste it was purely a comment that would seem possibly natural for it to happen. Given you are with the similar profile people every day keeping touch would be a lot easier.[/COLOR[/COLOR]]
You also have to take my strategies in context that I do not only advocate property. We have our clients invest in a multitude of different asset classes and vehicles to “speed” their wealth creation.

I understand many of your points but don’t think it’s necessary to respond to them line by line (unless you really want me to). People do a lot of silly things to themselves out of fear but I can only address them by encouraging them to take action. And then if they don’t get it right take more action until they do.
Yes Peter this is a good point in relation to encourage them to take action the fear comes in when people have thoughts of losing everything because of taking a step. For example:
A person has a family on say $50000pa has there PPOR owes 180000 value 300000 *.8=240000-180000=60000 equity.
That 60000 can be used to buy another property either cross collat or LOC and deposit on IP say another 280000 plus cost say 300000. This is where the concern comes in that one might lose everything if things go wrong. These days in good quality areas $300000 doesn't get you too special.
With the CPT well this is volatile as you have pointed out and many would not entertain taking on more debt for a volatile investment

Continuous forward movement – momentum – is critical to me. Momentum with a good strategy will inevitably lead to success, and at least if you are going to fail momentum will tell you sooner so you are not waiting your time on a loser strategy.
I think this is a great point "Continuous forward movement" with a good strategy. This is where some people think if it fails im back eating black and gold tuna and are not prepared to take that step. Even though by not taking it they will end up eating black and gold tuna in the latter years.

But if your question is what I think it is, ie how do I create an income stream of $50,000 PA in 20 years time – that’s easy (if a little under ambitious)...

To do that you need $500,000 in today’s money or about $1.5million in 20 years.

As you point out most people already have equity in their home and they are determined to pay it off. Personally I don’t know why you’d bother – seems lot of work to me but if they do that’s OK – in 20 years they’ll own their home outright, but that’s not going to get them far.
Its amazing how many people do not know about the types of products that can assist in building up cash and still getting the benefit a la Offset account. Some i have spoken too say better to pay it off who knows what the lending and financial enviroment will be in the future when i am retired. This was discussed as the LOC example you gave in your book the old bloke that lives of his LOC.
The strategy I would use is exactly as I have laid out in my book.

Use that equity to buy a property or two.
Is cross collaterisation an issue with this stategy
Wait until the equity in it grows.

Doesn’t matter if that is next week (as it has been over the last few years) or next year or in a few years (as it probably will be over the next few). When the equity goes up draw down again to buy more.

Subsidise the cash flow negative part (if you are following my strategies) by cash flow positive investments such as Commercial Property Trusts so the servicing costs are zero.
CPTs is interesting but being volatile as you have mentioned how does this assist if a property is NG and CPTs are having a bad run. Still have to service the borrowed money from LOC.

If you prefer to follow Steve’s cash flow positive route that’s fine too. I think my strategy would get you there quicker, many would argue that the CF+ route would get you there easier – you choose.

Property grows at about 8% PA on average but does not grow consistently (that is pointed out in the book) like some people would have you believe.

Let’s say their house is worth $400,000.

Most of our clients can afford 3 (negatively geared) $250,000 to $300,000 investment properties straight off. Let’s make that $1,000,000 flat.
Should these be in a trust?

8% PA means a doubling every ten years or so. That’s $2,000,000 after 10 years, $4,000,000 after 20 years for the investment properties.

Yee Ha! $3,000,000 worth of equity. Sell it all up, pay back the loans
What about CG tax does one need to use a trust etc
(including the $400,000 for the house and you have $2,600,000 to invest. The house is now worth $1,600,000 and you own it outright. Beautiful.

Take the $2,600,000 and invest it in a diversified portfolio of higher yield investments like shares, managed funds, commercial property trusts and so on through a tax protected vehicle. Let’s say all that averages 9% yield (higher during the share and cash cycles, a bit lower during the property cycles). That’s $234,000 in cash rolling in PA. Tax on that would be 30% in today’s laws, so you’d have $163,800 net, so we are in front of our target.

Once of the best exercises I get my clients to do is just to sit down and project out into the future what their current assets would be worth in 10, 20 or 30 years, just based on averages. Most of the time it makes them much calmer about their future and less worried.
Some BB people i speak to are in there early 50s and are concerned that time is against them. Many have said the time factor eg. Jan Somers etc but those in there 50s feel that they have to take higher risks and possibly lose everything they have so they would rather wait. Of course time passes them by.
And a not worried client is not a greedy client. And when they aren’t being greedy they don’t do stupid things.

Greed to me is simply doing too much, too soon with too little skill in an effort to get too much money.
Some people have gove to FAs and got skinned they tried to do the right thing and have been set back many years this is not greed just trying to find the vehicle to use with the help of an expert.
I am not a greedy person i could probaly buy the 3 NG properties as you indicate if it went belly up i would then be labelled as greedy. If i succeeded i would be labelled an astute investor?
Other than that – why not go for it?

Job Security is also a big issue for PAYE people this is a very significant concern.
Finding a vehicle to upside the NG property is very good but it you borrow to do this say 20000 LOC to prop up a property NG LOC rate=7%=1400
CPTs 20000@ say 10% return =2000 less CG so still a loss of 400 can you elaborate if perhaps i have somehing not right.
Do these CPTs pay monthly etc

I have read on the forum Steve Navra via a cashbond to support NG property sounds sort of similar.

Do CPTs have to be bought via a stockbroker?

I look forward to your reply and i understand what you are saying The detail is important as many times it is left out to get an end result.

kind regards
BC

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

ok180 said:
Do you think it would be a wise choice to put all my income into the kind of income producing growth assets outlined in your book while renting or would it be better to buy your PPOR first, pay that down, then start investing. Keep in mind im in Sydney where its hard to find much below 350k. What exactly did you do while you were frantically buying?

I dont think my sweetheart would approve of us moving into a condemmed house with 18 other people so that option is out!!! hehehe.
Don’t knock living with 18 other people – it is errrr, a unique experience! :rolleyes:

PPOR…

Logically you would be better off renting and using the money you save to acquire more investment property, but as qaz points out most people have an emotional attachment to their own home so it’s a hard call.

Rents are very low at the moment and to rent somewhere would cost you about 1/3 of the amount to buy and pay off (P&I). As I mention elsewhere I am not sure why people would bother paying off their own home in the short term.

Personally I started out by living in the houses I was renovating and then when they were finished I’d move on and do it again.

I did this (amazingly in many people’s eyes) well after most people would consider me very wealthy. Funnily it would lead to some interesting double takes with girls who I had met who knew my “story” and then come home to a place that had ½ a roof, no kitchen, no bathroom and wiring hanging from the ceiling! And because all my resources were going to other reno projects this state of affairs would often go on for a couple of years! :eek:

But heck, saved on CGT! :D

Then I got a long term girlfriend and got tired of her crying all the time because she didn’t have a kitchen and the shower was an open pipe sticking out of the bathroom wall, so I decided to buy my first ever house to live in.

We moved into our 1130 m2 Georgian home in Darling Point described as being in “original condition” in the ad and I spent the next 2 years and some $1.5 million restoring it. The house outlasted the girlfriend and I went on to live in it until I moved to Brisbane (I still own the house as I view at as being irreplaceable). It is now valued at about $6 million and I decided to pay off the $2.25 million loan on it when I moved to Brisbane and sold some investment properties that I had lots of equity in to do so. I also paid (post tax paid) cash for my new home in Brisbane. If I was in the growth phase of my wealth creation I would (as my financial adviser) tell me that I was insane to do that but as (for the last couple of years) I have been in a consolidation phase I think it’s perfectly reasonable to do so. It’s also an issue of asset protection.

So, to sum up, if you are keen to grow as fast as you can and have no emotional attachment to owning a home, rent and use the money you save to invest. You can always buy yourself a lovely home much latter with all that doh you made by investing!

Details, details

Bill.L said:
Peter in your answer to Bonecrusher, you have made several broad assumptions.

Yes, I have, haven't I? I'm a big picture type of guy - I've been waiting for you to come in and fill in the blanks, so thanks!

Really any "projection" (which I don't claim my answer to be) that attempts to go out across such a long period of time really must have so many assumptions as to make it nonsensical to anybody who loves detail anyway, but most people get lost with that level of detail so I, rightly or wrongly, tend to dispense with it.

Bill.L said:
One being inflation at around 5.6% pa while property growth continues at 8% pa.

Not sure where the comment on inflation comes from? I have assumed the growth on the CPT to be about 5 - 6% on average across the 10 years - is that the question? And yes, the 8% on residential property averaged over 10 years is correct.

Now I am not claiming that property grows smoothly like that but I guess my point is that we all get too hung up on what is happening next year instead of focusing on what is happening this decade (which will pretty much be the same, give or take as last decade, as it has been forever).

Bill.L said:
Do you assume yields are going to continue to fall? Why?

That begs the question - yields on what? My view is that yields on both CPT's and residential property will fluctuate over the 20 year period. I think commercial property is about 3/4 of the way through its cycle so has room to go up and then will probably come down. I think yields on residential property is probably at close to a bottom and may start coming up from here. Ironically (I think) yields on residential property tend to go up during periods of higher interest rates (this is GREAT if you have fixed your rates before or as they rise), whereas, because businesses are somewhat negatively affected by interest rates the yields on commercial property tends to go down. Conversely I have noticed that yields on retail property go flat during recessions and are usually leading everything else out. So hard to say.

Bill.L said:
What assumptions do you make regarding interest rates over the next 20 years??

In the example? None. Too hard for me to project. We are in a low interest rate cycle at the moment and they are bound to go up. But over 20 years they will go up and down as they always have and come out to an average of about 8% (which has been the average interest rate since WW2).

Hope that answers the question…

I understand too little detail glosses over the facts, but there is a point at which too much detail also leads to paralysis by analysis and that stops most people from doing anything.

Also, to understand my character my learning style is by doing. Sure, give me a book or a seminar to get the basics but I have to do to learn. I also pay experts to guide me as I go. As many of the things I do are into uncharted territory anyway this is the approach that works best for me. My motto is act first and figure it out as you go. I know this doesn’t suit most people but it is also a shared characteristic of most highly successful people.

Any failure along the way just gets me one step closer to my goals. If you view my comments with this in mind and adjust for your own character we'll all get along really well.

I don't see my role as filling in all the detail. Other people do it better than me. I see my role as inspiring people to take action and in that, I think I do very well.

As long as people head the advice of people like Bill L and pay attention to the detail as they go along they will do well.

Lack of detail answer to a detailed question

bonecrusher said:
Some BB people i speak to are in there early 50s and are concerned that time is against them. Many have said the time factor eg. Jan Somers etc but those in there 50s feel that they have to take higher risks and possibly lose everything they have so they would rather wait. Of course time passes them by.

I am going to be rude and ask you to read back over the other posts I (and others) have made about CPT’s in this thread and the debate over them as the questions you have asked about them have been answered before and it saves me retyping the same answer.
And also I don’t want anybody to think I am on a mission to sell CPT’s to the masses. They have a valid place in a diversified portfolio. I just wanted people to think about a cash flow positive property alternative to residential property.
Let me make something quite clear. I am not on a mission to save the world, fix the ever increasing baby boomer problem or anything else. I tried that and decided they didn’t want me to save them and it was egotistical of me to think I could.

My goal in my business life is simply to find as many people out there who like my strategies, agree that they will work for them and help them implement it.
There are 101 arguments against every single strategy I have (and indeed every single investment strategy) but as I said, I have to keep moving, I have to keep trying new things.
Waiting is the biggest mistake anybody can ever make (unless it is a well thought out strategy).
We have to move our view from what is going to happen tomorrow to what is going to happen over the next decade or so.

We, the younger generations (if you allow me to include myself in that) seem to be so desperate to wanting everything NOW we practically kill ourselves to get it. A little patience applied to investment strategy goes a long way. But patience does not involve sitting out of the game. There is always something exciting to invest in but people seem afraid of the new so don’t do anything.
I personally am afraid of the old. It scares me to sit still and I simply do not understand nor have any patience for those who do. And I am happy with the consequences of that.

bonecrusher said:
Some people have gone to FAs and got skinned they tried to do the right thing and have been set back many years this is not greed just trying to find the vehicle to use with the help of an expert.

True but some people have gone to FA’s and got fabulous advice that has moved them ahead, and some people have followed their own advice and taken a dive and some people have taken their own advice and powered on. You have to do what works for you.

bonecrusher said:
I am not a greedy person i could probably buy the 3 NG properties as you indicate if it went belly up i would then be labeled as greedy. If i succeeded i would be labeled an astute investor?

First, may I reiterate my definition of greed…

Doing too much, too soon, with too little skill to get too much money.

No more, no less. No emotionally stacked words, no hype or fear, just logical.

Judge your potential actions against that parameter, not against whatever you have in your head as greed.

If buying 3 properties straight away is not doing too much too soon with too little skill go for it. If it is, take care.

If you don’t understand my character or my style and then blindly apply my methods to your own situation you will end up in real trouble. But if you learn from what I (and others) have done and adapt it to your own style you will do well.

I have had many “failures” in my life. More than most, less than some. And that is exactly why I find myself where I am. More successful (materially) than most, less then some.

And in the end most people spend far too much time worrying about how other people will view them.

It is a key characteristic of less successful people and something I try to avoid like the plague.

I do what I do. I accept the consequences. I learn. I repeat the successful ones and analyse why I failed in the less successful ones. I develop that into a strategy which I apply mechanically. I fear not to act, and when I fear I do it anyway. I seek out others who share my view of the world to play with. I seek out others who are demonstrably more successful than me to model and learn from. I do what they do. I accept the consequences. I learn.

This to me is the juice of life.

Peter Spann said:
We, the younger generations (if you allow me to include myself in that)

You can make young at heart Peter =)

But you are going to have to miss out on fitting into the younger generation :p

Hi all,

Peter, I was actually using your figures(ie if $50,000 income in todays money is worth $150,000 in 20 years, that is an inflation of ~5.65% pa) The cap growth from $1m to $4m is about 7.2% pa.

If yields on average stay about the same as they are now, then one of the two above assumptions is incorrect.

Interest rates are vitally important to consider in the longer term. If they go up to around 8% while fluctuating a bit up and down, then as you rightly point out, yields will tend to rise. If yields rise, then inflation(assuming the % of household income spent on rent remains constant) will have to be above cap growth, not the other way around as your example shows.

Just to highlight my point, imagine that an average $350,000 property today yielding 3.5% ($12,250 pa) has a cap gain of 8% pa for the next 10 years. It is now "worth" $755,000. Lets also assume that interest rates rise to 8% pa, and correspondingly the yield on the property goes up to 4%.
The gross rent return is now $30,000 pa. This is an inflation in the rent of about 9.5% pa, which would involve inflationary times like the 1970's. How else could the tenants afford to pay the rent of the average house?

Am I just a doomsayer? Hardly, we own too much property to be there.
More a caution on how the next 10-15 years(or 20 if you like) will be nothing like the last 10-15 years in all probability.

To be the same we would have to see interest rates more than halve, and yields to follow suit. That could lead us into a very dangerous bubble similar to Japan of the late 80's.

I've only been talking about residential property here, not your CPT's. I knew people who lost a lot of money on the debacle of the unlisted property trusts in the late 80's/early 90's, but of course everyone knows that "this time will be different".

bye

Peter

I saw mention today of two earlier books- "Business Power" and "Marketing Genius".

The only web reference I can find if from Freeman Fox in 2001.

What were they about (apart from about $198 each)?

Flawed logic

Bill.L said:
To be the same we would have to see interest rates more than halve, and yields to follow suit. That could lead us into a very dangerous bubble similar to Japan of the late 80's.
So Bill, what actually caused the bubble in Japan and how does that relate to Australia in 2004? (I'd love to see how you link the two).

If you believe your view then you would be crazy to continue holding your properties - shouldn't you be selling? And if so why on earth are you holding - isn't hope a flawed methodology of investing?

And to extrapolate, if commercial property and residential property and shares are such a bad investment shouldn't we all be putting all our money into gold and buying shotguns?

What's your suggestion on how people should invest to cope with the situation you seem to think is coming? Who should we look to for advice? Who is the expert on this?

And while your comments certainly reflect what is likely to happen in the next few years do you really think that the next 20 years will be unique in all time and vary from each and every 30 year cycle that we have been through since 1880? And if so, how do you see it playing out?

What action should we take?

What should I do if I believed what you believe?

What action are you taking to protect yourself and profit from your predictions?

Easy to criticise Bill - easy to strike fear into people's hearts (just look at our current PM) - let's see some positive suggestion or strategy from you. Let's hear your advice on how we should play the game.
If you have something to contribute – go ahead - contribute.

Last edited:
geoffw said:
May I ask, more generally, what books you have read recently which you have learnt from, or which have been inspired you? I'm asking very generrally- not sepcifically anything at all about investment?

You did mention earlier in the thread about having time to read and go to courses. Dare I ask what courses, apart from your own, if any, have you found useful, or which you have learnt from?
Very good question...

I have been considering it for a while.

Apart from the books I have already mentioned I am very keen on the works of:

Og Mandino - "The Greatest... etc" (series)

Richard Carlson - "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" (series)

Deepak Chopra - "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success"

Dr Joseph Murphy - "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind"

Works on the philosophies of:

Socrates

Leonardo da Vinci

Blake

Jung

Joseph Campbell

Erickson

I am also a fan of NLP and the Enneagram

Investing wise I have been highly influenced by

Benjamin Graham and David Dodd

For those nervous about the things Bill has brought up, instead of reading the doomsday predictions you may like to look to history for your lessons and read:

Roger Lowenstein - "Origins of the Crash"

There are no courses in Australia on investing that I have been greatly influenced by (although originally I was greatly influenced by US courses) however as I have mentioned I would endorse anything Louise Bedford does.

Books

geoffw said:
Peter

I saw mention today of two earlier books- "Business Power" and "Marketing Genius".

What were they about (apart from about $198 each)?
They were about how to build an exciting and profitable business and direct marketing techniques.

They were self published manuals but after I wrote my first actual book I became a book snob and withdrew them.

One day I will actually write a business book as business has been at least 50% of my success.

Back