PM problem Upper Coomera QLD

Hi all.

May I please pick your brains?

Have a 3 year old, 4br house in this suburb renting for 400/wk.

I inherited the estate agent with the purchase and on a few times I have been less than impressed;
- Was vacant for 6weeks last year and was told the rent was set too high (it was slightly perhaps). On going to inspect the property myself, I found it to be dirty (also) that a dog had been on the premises!
- Only yesterday the PM informs me the tenants (who's lease is about to expire) will likely stay on with a $20 increase (great news). This morning she informs me they are vacating!

I'm not sure what to do. On multiple occasions they have ignored my requests to be contacted to attend the inspections.

Are there set contracts regarding the firing of an agent under these circumstances in QLD? I don't want to name the agent but if someone is familiar with the area and such contracts I'd really love the opportunity to PM.

I inherited the estate agent with the purchase and on a few times I have been less than impressed;

You don't inherit a PM when you purchase property. If you didn't sign an agreement with them, then just find a new pm and get them to sort it out on your behalf.

If on the other hand, you did sign an agreement with them when you purchased the property, give them notice and find a new agent.

Moving forward, I was wandering if anyone knows of a legal impediment to having more than one agent list the property - and allow the one that let's it become the agent??

Multiple Agents - Qld

Hi m-dot.

If you look at your Appointment of Agent -
4. LESSOR’S OBLIGATIONS

The Lessor must:
4.1. to the extent permitted by law; revoke in writing and finalise any
pre-existing appointment given to any other agent to let of to
manage the Property;
4.2. not let or manage the Property as principal, or appoint any person
to let or manage the Property other than the Agent for the term of
this Agreement;

Despite this Clause in the standard REIQ PAMD20a Schedule - you can advise your current agents that you will put another agent on. If they don't accept this - then you terminate - if your property is vacant - most agencies will not hold you to the termination time frame. Some will - they are just being stubborn.

I also look after a few properties in Upper Coomera and Pimpama and surrounds - if you would like an assessment please let me know. easiest to email me [email protected] or my mobile 0425 22 5678.

Back