PM tried to take writen notice over email when there was none given.

Your profile says you're a solicitor.... am I not entitled to urgent repairs such as the hot water system if it breaks or needs replacing? He asked me not to contact the office for ANY future repairs.

Just because he said not to contact his office doesn't mean he won't take your call or listen to your request.

And tryin to serve notice via email doesn't mean it is illegal, but it could mean that it is invalid.

Your profile says you're a solicitor.... am I not entitled to urgent repairs such as the hot water system if it breaks or needs replacing? He asked me not to contact the office for ANY future repairs.

do you really expect a solicitor to know resi tenantacy laws? if so give terry a call, i'm sure you will soon discover it is cheaper to replace hot water system, or muddle through by yourself. be sure to keep the call under 6 minutes.

but it does sound like your pm is a knob.

Mate, sounds like you're being cantankerous for the sake of it in some of what you're saying above. If you want to move out, give them notice and do it. If you don't, then don't.

If you've got a problem with the PM, then try starting with his boss, that's the normal process. If you get no satisfaction, go to the state branch of the Real Estate Institute. It sounds like you're escalating a petty argument unnecessarily.

Just complain to his boss, write a letter apologising for your words, stating that you didn't provide any notice and request that all future contact is via email due to your hearing. Problem solved very simply. I understand that you don't always get along with people but the main thing is to keep your cool - lose your cool with your PM and they won't be doing you any favours. Did they specifically ask for you to not contact them about maintenance or just to not contact him? From your previous thread where you had issues with PM you appear to go straight for the throat when your PM's **** you off as opposed to being the bigger person and dealing with it calmly.

No offence intended - just an observation which is perhaps wrong, I'll admit!

"I acknowledge your comments and im of the understanding that you wish
not to proceed with the installation of a smoke detector or any future
repair work. Please do not contact our office for any repair in future."

"I acknowledge your comments and im of the understanding that you wish
not to proceed with the installation of a smoke detector or any future
repair work. Please do not contact our office for any repair in future."
That was his response to you? Why did you not want the smoke detectors installed? I'm just very confused now, what was your email to him prior to this response??

That was his response to you? Why did you not want the smoke detectors installed? I'm just very confused now, what was your email to him prior to this response??

Exactly! It sounds to me like you've been making a nuisance of yourself and not allowing tradies in to do stuff.

I think you might find it is a legal requirement to have a smoke alarm fitted in NSW. You may have breached the lease and broken the law by not allowing the installation.

Therefore I would write back to the managing agent and apologise for calling him an idiot and that you were wrong not to allow the installation.

What could have happened if there was a fire? You could have been killed and the landlord could have lost a property with the insurance possibly not covering a place without a smoke alarm. Your suriving family would have then have probably sued the poor bloke.

Agreed, you're lucky that's all you got from him, I would have breached you in a heart beat for breaking the law by not allowing maintenance to go ahead and had you in VCAT over a general dispute so fast your head was spinning!

A situation that got absolutely out of control with everyone reacting in a bad manner from the sounds of things.

Apologise, state your intention to stay in the house and arrange for the trades to do their thing.

From your previous thread where you had issues with PM you appear to go straight for the throat when your PM's **** you off as opposed to being the bigger person and dealing with it calmly.

It appears Bon that you like quickly sorting things out the "Mt Isa way".

• Civilised society doesn't work like that.
  • People who have money don't work like that.
  • Folks who are reasonable don't work like that.
You're not in Mt Isa anymore Bon.

Ahh, you guys never fail to amuse me. Always passing judgement without knowing the full details.

Apparently it's my fault for not being able to hear on the phone and being unable to answer answer it for 2 weeks when the electrician is calling to try and organise a time to come around when I have no idea they're trying to install ANOTHER smoke alarm seeing as I already have one..... Yup, I would like to see how well that one goes down after I've already advised the real estate I cannot hear on the phone and require them to communicate via email/text.

For the record, I never refused the installation of the another smoke alarm either and the electrician was a bit baffled by the fact I already had a smoke alarm when he turned up. Guess my real estate are a really switched on bunch.

Great crowd on here, no doubt about that!

Agreed, you're lucky that's all you got from him, I would have breached you in a heart beat for breaking the law by not allowing maintenance to go ahead and had you in VCAT over a general dispute so fast your head was spinning!

LMAO!!! Really... really? Wow! Just, wow...

What could have happened if there was a fire? You could have been killed and the landlord could have lost a property with the insurance possibly not covering a place without a smoke alarm. Your suriving family would have then have probably sued the poor bloke.

Well, I already had a smoke alarm and I wouldn't hear the smoke alarm if there was a fire anyway.

Bon, that is a good point.

But it can still be good to apologise anyway via a new email. It won't hurt to get him back on side a bit.

Apparently it's my fault for not being able to hear on the phone and being unable to answer answer it for 2 weeks..
Having a phone and not being able to answer seems to be worse than having no phone at all.. Perhaps you could text people who call straight away telling them to to text you the info.
Great crowd on here, no doubt about that!
I think people here are just trying to get to the core of the problem, based on bits and peices of the whole story.

You can't text someone you haven't received a call from... and not everybody calls from a mobile phone, a lot of businesses still use land lines. I often get my parents or friends to make calls for me, but I don't get them to call back every number, especially when they don't leave a voice mail.

I have nothing to be sorry for, I initially went into the office when they took over the property from the old real estate agent to explain to them I'm deaf and cannot hear on the phone. Instead, I was met with rudeness and brushed aside despite the fact I'd taken the time and effort to walk into the office instead of phoning or emailing. He can stick it in his pipe and smoke it, then apologise to me. I have no problem moving out and letting him find more unemployed dredge like my neighbors to move in and pay less than what I do currently.

I think people here are just trying to get to the core of the problem, based on bits and peices of the whole story.

It's not really about getting to the core, I asked for advice on where to direct my complaint(s) and all I got was people passing judgement. The full story is really irrelevant, unless you want to hear how bad the PM messed up going back a few months ago.

Back