Pole home construction

Dave,

Cost all depend on your level of finishes, eg. western red cedar cladding vs hardy board, stone tops vs laminate, tiles to ceiling vs one tile above floor, melia vs smeg.

I'm currently in the process of awarding a tender so I don't feel as though it would be appropriate to put build costs on the internet. Our houses are reasonably high spec.

But I can say that you should be able to low/middle spec a house to finish around $450K and also on the flip side spend as much as you can imagine. Estimate is for a steel frame 4 bed 3 storey, 2.5 bath, double lockup 330m2 (inc garage & balcony) architect design. Anything designed by an architect will usually mean greater build costs.

If you need to run services to your house then you could be up for anything depending on tie in points. consider a sewer run 50 - 100m 2 - 3 manholes $15K. Water and power underground then also allow $10K.

Don't forget driveway costs as well.

Mark

Dave,

If your down Currumbin way any time I'm usually at my office most days (8 Thrower Drv) opposite Thrower bridge, drop in I can run through some of the costs and pitfalls a bit better.

Mark

But I can say that you should be able to low/middle spec a house to finish around $450K and also on the flip side spend as much as you can imagine. Estimate is for a steel frame 4 bed 3 storey, 2.5 bath, double lockup 330m2 (inc garage & balcony) architect design. Anything designed by an architect will usually mean greater build costs.
Interesting!

5 years back when we built ours the quote was $350K to completion and its a 3 bed / 1 bath jobbie over 3 levels. Big square metrage with built-ins in every room. We did go blackbutt flooring throughout and a decent level of finish and pulled it off for the $350K budget. The site was less than $300K as a distressed sale so all up we did it for under $650K and it valued last year at $850K. Probably be worth $400K now... ;)

It was an architect designed house too as most pole homes are I would think.

Cheers,
Michael

Dave,

If your down Currumbin way any time I'm usually at my office most days (8 Thrower Drv) opposite Thrower bridge, drop in I can run through some of the costs and pitfalls a bit better.

Mark

Thanks Mark I may just do that when I'm down next.
Thanks for the advise and offer.
Cheers
David

Back