Ponds and landscaping

Hi,

I'm interested in having a Koi pond in my backyard, I'm interested to hear peoples experience in making a pond.

Also can anyone recommend any landscaping planning software?

Regards
Michael Gruber

Don't build it near an Oleander, the leaves are OK but a small branch fell off the bush next door and killed all my fish. :mad:

We have 5 of the fibreglass ponds and they work well, the pond liners seem really good also.

Regards
Graeme

Hi,

I'm interested in having a Koi pond in my backyard, I'm interested to hear peoples experience in making a pond.

Regards
Michael Gruber
I wouldn't bother with software, just find pictures of ponds and copy the ones you think look good. Make it deep enough so you get a good amount of water in it and if you want plants in it you need to have some shallow areas for the plants.

Are you thinking of a formal or informal pond? How many fish do you want in it?

Cheers
Graeme

Hi,

Regards
Michael Gruber

Michael, I have had some experience in this field as it is my profession. I have never used planning software as my brain does not function in this manner.

Koi are easy to keep as are goldfish. There are many ways to construct a pond and maybe you just need to research the different methods and choose what you like.
When I lived in Newcastle I used to purchase pondmaking products, fish and plants from Ledora Watergardens

Its at Mt Kuringai on the outskirts of Sydney.

Regards, Ian

Attachments

• DCP00186.JPG
    DCP00186.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 58
Back